PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Dynamic Group only when enemy DETECTED - HOW?

Werewolf13
02-20-06, 09:59 AM
I would like to make a formation that sorties from a naval base but only if the player's sub is detected.

How would I accomplish this?

I think it would take a dynamic group that gets put on the map when the sub is detected and that would take a trigger.

Problem is I don't know how to determine if the sub has been detected.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Molon Labe
02-20-06, 10:04 AM
Use Doctrine: Detect as the trigger condition. Check the 'use doctrine language' box for the trigger, and then there will be a page dedicated to doctrine; the Detect doctrine will be accessible from drop down menus.

Werewolf13
02-20-06, 10:23 AM
attach the trigger to the sub?

and once that happens how do I use that to make the dynamic group appear?

Molon Labe
02-20-06, 10:56 AM
I'm not positive, but I think this trigger should stand alone. The platforms detecting and being detected will be arguments of the doctrine.

To create the group, use the "create group" command at the end of the trigger. It's on the same dropdown as "run script."

Molon Labe
02-20-06, 10:56 AM
[double post deleted]

FERdeBOER
02-20-06, 02:07 PM
Hello.

The detection trigger needs not to be atached to the sub.

For creating the Dynamic Group you have to put the ships where you want them to appear, with their respective waypoints, etc.
Then you create the group, include all the ships in it.
In the probability box you have to set 0, because if not, the gruop will appear at the end of the mission.

Finally, in the detection trigger, on the last page, you have to set "create dynamic group" and select the group.

Another thing, if you are planning to make goals or triggers for that group, you have to include them in the group itself. i.e: you make a D group with 3 ships and a destination triger, the total objets you have to set are 4 (the ships and the trigger).

Hope this helps. :know:

Fish
02-20-06, 02:41 PM
I have a working map for you if you want, the only weird thing is some times the sub detecting the other sub launch a torp, and the trigger doesn't work. :hmm:

Werewolf13
02-20-06, 06:21 PM
Thanks a bunch guys...

I think I've got it. Will give all your tips a try.