PDA

View Full Version : DLL/OCX files needed for Kriegstanz developper

turbidite
01-29-06, 05:49 AM
Ahoy :D

Been trying to play with KD lately and couldn't launch it because "Comdlg32.ocx" was too old according to the error message. I have downloaded the dll/ocx pack from Kriegstanz website but i still have th error.

I then downloaded the VB6runtime from microsoft and updated everything - same same. Can somebody enlighten me ?

PS : this apply to version 2.5 and 2.6.19 beta2 as well and I'm running windows 98 first edition (french version)

Thanks.

Floater
01-30-06, 02:01 AM
I'm sorry to say I haven't a clue on this one - this has never happened before.

Where have you put the OCXs that you've downloaded? Could you search your system for other files of the same name in other places?

turbidite
01-31-06, 03:31 PM
Hello Floater,

here's a more accurate error message :

Failed to load control "CommonDialog" from COMDLG32.OCX

In the directory where KD is installed I have the comdlg32.ocx (and other files) from the runtime pack found on

http://www.brookview.karoo.net/Kriegstanz/K2runtime.zip

Comdlg32.ocx version is 6.00.8418

In my system directory I have version 5.01.4319 :huh:

I thought that the local files were getting priority over the files in the system folder, maybe I'm wrong... :down:

Hmm :oops: overwriting the old with the more recent seems to work - There goes my trick of trying to be too clever to avoid overwriting my system files with the new runtime. :88):

Problem solved :) . I'm suprised though because this trick worked with standard kriegstanz if I remember well (had to reinstall since) and with some other softwares as well :doh : .

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction again (since readme wa s correct in the first place)

Floater
02-04-06, 09:50 PM
That's OK - I'm just glad that you managed to sort it out. Windows can be such a mess at times ...