PDA

View Full Version : FFG vets.

Fish
01-16-06, 06:22 AM
When I set the flight schedule for the FFG to 5 minutes, and the host prevents the players from using "aircraft quick launch", how long does it need to launch a Helie from the FFG in a multiplayer mission? :-?

Kapitan
01-17-06, 07:46 AM
30 minuets ie alert station 30 is 30 mins to launch alert 15 15mins to launch alert 5 5 mins to launch, one guy to ask is LTJG MADCAP (seawolves) he is an excellent frigate skipper i have played him a few times and he is also teaching me how to use the frigate

OKO
01-26-06, 01:54 PM
When I set the flight schedule for the FFG to 5 minutes, and the host prevents the players from using "aircraft quick launch", how long does it need to launch a Helie from the FFG in a multiplayer mission? :-?

Well ... 5 minutes
Your question is a bit strange, Fish
let me be a bit sarcastic with you my friend =>
you ask how long is 5 minutes in reality :lol:
well 5 minutes is ... 5 minutes :-j ;)

If you put alert 5 , the helo is immediatly at alert 5 at mission start, and could take off 5 minutes after the game start
same for alert 15 & 30

ALL realistic missions will NEED to switch OFF the air quick launch.
There is no advantage at all to use quick launch, if you want immediat launch, use alert 5 in edition, or put it in the air.
But using air quick launch is NEVER a good thing.

Missions are made to be accomplish with means at a time, not with all means immediatly.

As mission designer ... designed this, if you use air quick launch on my missions (and on most of missions made by the community I tried) you just unbalance the scenario with a cheat.

So it's just never to use.
need a helo from the start ? use alert 5 or put the helo in flight.

Other thing is AI surface platform
If you use air quick launch, they could immediatly send you one or 2 helo as soon as you are detected.
This kill most of single player mission with human sub against surface IA : suddenly you have a forest of helo because you were detected some minutes ago
I tested this ....

Fish
01-26-06, 02:37 PM

Well ... 5 minutes
Your question is a bit strange, Fish
let me be a bit sarcastic with you my friend =>
you ask how long is 5 minutes in reality :lol: Uhh...not necessarily. :know: well 5 minutes is ... 5 minutes :-j ;)

If you put alert 5 , the helo is immediatly at alert 5 at mission start, and could take off 5 minutes after the game start
same for alert 15 & 30

ALL realistic missions will NEED to switch OFF the air quick launch.
There is no advantage at all to use quick launch, if you want immediat launch, use alert 5 in edition, or put it in the air.
But using air quick launch is NEVER a good thing.

Missions are made to be accomplish with means at a time, not with all means immediatly.

As mission designer ... designed this, if you use air quick launch on my missions (and on most of missions made by the community I tried) you just unbalance the scenario with a cheat.

So it's just never to use.
need a helo from the start ? use alert 5 or put the helo in flight.

Other thing is AI surface platform
If you use air quick launch, they could immediatly send you one or 2 helo as soon as you are detected.
This kill most of single player mission with human sub against surface IA : suddenly you have a forest of helo because you were detected some minutes ago
I tested this ....

Well, I am obliged to follow the SW dive ROE.
I was in the opinion, when you set the helie on the FFG to "alert 5", you can launch the helie with in 15 minutes (tested that), BUT.. it seems not to work that way in multiplayer, thats why I am asking.

OKO
01-26-06, 03:52 PM
most of time I put a helo in flight and one alert 30 for the FFG on MP mission.
but I tried alert 5 and 15 and all of this works very nice.
maybe you had an old bug solved from that date ... ?

Fish
01-26-06, 04:09 PM
most of time I put a helo in flight and one alert 30 for the FFG on MP mission.
but I tried alert 5 and 15 and all of this works very nice.
maybe you had an old bug solved from that date ... ?
Did you try in multiplayer or in single player (I know it works in single player).

OKO
01-26-06, 04:21 PM
15 mn yes in MP
I don't think I tried 5 mn ...

Fish
01-26-06, 05:55 PM
15 mn yes in MP
I don't think I tried 5 mn ...
Do I mis my LAN. :cry: