PDA

View Full Version : CAOD mods?

AngusJS
12-22-05, 01:12 AM
Hi,

Until I save enough money to get laptop capable of running Silent Hunter 3, I will have to stick with CAOD. However, after playing SH3 for a little bit, I wish CAOD was a little more realistic. Is there any way to change 1) the rate of fuel consumption (as it is, I feel like I could cross the Atlantic in a Type II at flank speed) 2)maximum spotting range (isn't 20km a bit much?) and 3)the range at which aircraft are detected? Are there downloadable mods that change this, or would I have to edit things myself? How would I do that?

Thanks

Hitman
12-22-05, 02:48 AM
No you can't mod that in AOD, in fact only the sounds and some text are editable, unfortunately. There was a web somewhere that hosted some minor mods for AOD, but I forgot the link long ago :88) Anyway, the fuel is certainly high in order to compensate the lack of refuel at sea -prepared in the code but never finished & enabled- and the sighting of convoys at 20km is real in good weather conditions, because what was spotted was in fact "smoke over the horizon", not the ships themselves.

Good hunting :up: