PDA

View Full Version : Where do saved patrols go?

missleman01
11-20-05, 12:14 PM
Im new to pacific aces, and Im trying to save mid patrol, but i cant find where the files are going. Saved missions is blank, and restarting my campaign file takes me to the pre mission breifing. Can someone help me out

Hitman
11-20-05, 12:41 PM
Unfortunately SH2 suffers bugs when saving :(

This is nothing Pacific Aces related, but comes from the original code....we can't solve that.

Anyway....the game saves your patrol whenever you exit normally. Then when going to the campaign again and trying to start the unfinished mission, it will tell you if you want to load the saved mission. If you click "yes", you will get back to where you were before exiting the mission. But you will get the bugs :cry:

missleman01
11-20-05, 02:01 PM
Hey, I appreciate the quick reply. Thats too bad about the bugs, I guess ill advance cautiously.

Anyways, since your here Id like to thank you and the dev team for PA. Ive played subsims for a long time starting with Silent Service for nintendo when i was little and have been a huge Silent Hunter fan. I hadnt tried PA until i made a subsim donation two days ago. The pacific theatre is my favorite (playing for the home team is much more enjoyable) and you guys have really done it justice.

Hitman
11-21-05, 02:56 AM
Glad to hear that :up:

It's a pity that there are no other mothern sims about the pacific warfare :cry: it was a really interesting campaign and I miss much a so good game as SH1 was, but with updated graphics :yep:

MarkShot
11-21-05, 09:09 AM
This may be useful:

http://subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=36342