PDA

View Full Version : new censord word

Kapitan
11-04-05, 02:22 AM
the word "christ" has now been censord according to three british news papers i dont have full details can any one fill me in please.

i just wondering what the churches are going to do :hmm:

Col7777
11-04-05, 03:41 AM
They will have to give him a nickname.

XabbaRus
11-04-05, 03:42 AM
I bet I can guess the paper

The Sun, The Daily Mail/Express, The Daily Record.

mog
11-04-05, 04:25 AM
I call bullsh*t.

Source, anyone?

Sixpack
11-04-05, 04:27 AM
Christ is going to be replaced by X (as in X-mas) if the muslims, jews, atheists etc. have their way.

The Avon Lady
11-04-05, 04:32 AM
Christ is going to be replaced by X (as in X-mas) if the muslims, jews, atheists etc. have their way.
Doesn't bother us one way or the other. Please revise.

Sixpack
11-04-05, 04:50 AM

LOL, nope.

The Avon Lady
11-04-05, 04:53 AM
LOL, nope.
Why not? What do you base yourself on? :-?

Sixpack
11-04-05, 05:00 AM
Ouch, not getting the last word, my Lady ? ;)

I understand what you are trying to get me into, but you seem to know history and religion(s) quite well so there's not much need for me to elaborate :know:

But okay: As you stated in another thread JC is irrelevant ("our reject") to the Jewish people. So yes, I guess Jews indeed dont care if or what he is called...

Good enough for ya ? :hmm:

The Avon Lady
11-04-05, 05:17 AM
Ouch, not getting the last word, my Lady ? ;)

I understand what you are trying to get me into, but you seem to know history and religion(s) quite well so there's not much need for me to elaborate :know:

But okay: As you stated in another thread JC is irrelevant ("our reject") to the Jewish people. So yes, I guess Jews indeed dont care if or what he is called...

Good enough for ya ? :hmm:
That is much more accurate an assessment. I can easily prove this by pulling one of my husband's Christian Dior ties off the rack. :D

snowsub
11-04-05, 06:07 AM
They will have to give him a nickname.

Yo, JayC :rotfl:

jumpy
11-04-05, 07:17 AM
new name= Jeebus

Abraham
11-04-05, 11:14 PM
Life is not that easy, Sixpack!
The 'X' stands for 'Cross', which is offensive for Jews and Muslims.
While Jews in general don't bother, many Muslims do.
Recently the International Red Cross announced its search for another - and less religious related - symbol. The reality is that the Red Cross sign has no direct connection to the Christian sign of the cross, but is the reverse of the Swiss national flag, since it was founded in and is based in Switserland. But who cares about reality nowadays...
The most probable replacement will be a red square.
However, if the Inernational Red Cross (IRC) will be called the International Red Square (IRS) I forsee it might scare scores of others though.

Lately I'm starting to have monthly periods of aggrevation when I walk across the street at night and I see the moon as a crescent in the sky. I strongly feel that this crescent should be replaced by a less religious related symbol. How about a square?
:D

TLAM Strike
11-04-05, 11:24 PM
Recently the International Red Cross announced its search for another - and less religious related - symbol. The reality is that the Red Cross sign has no direct connection to the Christian sign of the cross, but is the reverse of the Swiss national flag, since it was founded in and is based in Switserland. But who cares about reality nowadays...
The most probable replacement will be a red square.
However, if the Inernational Red Cross (IRC) will be called the International Red Square (IRS) I forsee it might scare scores of others though.

Ummm Isn’t the Red Cross called the “Red Crescent” in the Muslim world to avoid offending them?

Lately I'm starting to have monthly periods of aggrevation when I walk across the street at night and I see the moon as a sickle in the sky. I strongly feel that this sikcle should be replaced by a less religious related symbol.
:D Did you know the Mir space station originally designed to project an image of a massive hammer superimposed over the crescent moon? :-j

Abraham
11-04-05, 11:33 PM
Yes, but the Red Crescent is a daughter organisation of the International Red Cross mother organisation.
Very sensitive issue, muslim daughter of Christian mother without a known father...

TLAM Strike
11-04-05, 11:44 PM
Yes, but the Red Crescent is a daughter organisation of the International Red Cross mother organisation.
Very sensitive issue, muslim daughter of Christian mother without a known father... Ahhh.

Those virgin births cause nothing but trouble don’t they? :lol:

Iceman
11-05-05, 12:22 AM
I AM

The Lamb

I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Pick One...There's more.

ABBAFAN
11-05-05, 10:49 AM
i think this kind of thing is absolutely pathetic.
i will be celebratig christmas more enthusiastically this year just to make a point.Who knows it may be illegal next year.

Kapitan
11-05-05, 11:30 AM
im going to get a few of my nutty mates to run down all the roads and shout merry fuc//ing christmas see what reaction it causes :D