PDA

View Full Version : Destroyer Command CICDialog TV Set

Chapeau
10-21-05, 02:08 AM
I want to get rid of the stupid TV set in the upper left of the screen. The only useful information it has are coordinates and depth, I don't use or want anything else. I changed the names of CICDialog.tga and ShadowMap.tga and got rid of the frame and shadow behind it, but the maps are still there and are opaque. The filenames of the maps (in ...\Common\Maps) can't be changed without crashing the game startup (Janus error). How do I make them transparent?

Hitman
10-21-05, 07:11 AM
It would probably work better if you manage to minimize the window in which it displays to just one pixel in the menu definition file, or even if you set the minwindow to start its appearence in the screen in a location that is outside of the visible frame (F.e. 1900-2200 in a 1024x768 screen should do it)

:know:

Chapeau
10-21-05, 08:32 AM
It would probably work better if you manage to minimize the window in which it displays to just one pixel in the menu definition file, or even if you set the minwindow to start its appearence in the screen in a location that is outside of the visible frame (F.e. 1900-2200 in a 1024x768 screen should do it)

:know:

Pretend I'm an idiot and you won't be far off :88) Where's the menu definition file, what's a minwindow, and how do I make these changes?

Chapeau
10-21-05, 09:37 AM
Eureka! ...\Sim\DSF\1024\CICWindow.DSF!

What do "DSF", "uv", and "reg" stand for?

What are the four fields in each of these?
Bounds = 0,0,181,149
ImageUV = 0,0,128,128
Color = 255,255,255,255 <-- R, G, B, and brightness?

The chela craves enlightenment!

Hitman
10-22-05, 03:49 AM
Bounds = 0,0,181,149
ImageUV = 0,0,128,128

Bounds are the coordinates of a rectangle where the image/item is placed in the screen (At least initially, if you can drag later). In this case 0,0 is the upper left corner, while 181,149 is a point a bit right and lower of that. The rectangle those both points draw (Upper left and bottom right corners) is where the item will appear/display. Some programs like MS photo editor use also those coordinates when you use the option "select"

ImageUV is the same but referred to a file that contains the image that will be displayed in the first rectangle. You see that reference in the same block.

Take this example:

[IMAGE]--->Tells the game to put an image where it will be defined later
Image = CIC_Texture--->Name of the image to copy, the one that will be later displayed on screen. In this case, the image is in Destroyer Command\Sim\Art\Interface\CIC
ImageUse = LIGHT_MAP --->Style of use the image is give
Priority = 2--->Priority over the background image; Low priority sets the background to display over the image, high priority does the inverse
Bounds = 0,0,1024,736--->Part of the screen covered by the image (Whole screen because this image is the chart texture)
ImageUV = 0,0,256,200--->Part of the reference image (CIC_Texture) taken to be displayed in the bounds previously defined.
Transparent = FALSE--->Image is not translucent
Clickable = FALSE--->Not clickable (Clickable are dials,etc.)
Color = 255,255,255,255---->RGB channels....this one simply gives more light to alll
Filter = TRUE
ID = 5--->Do not change this, it is the reference the game engine uses to identify this item in the game.

Hope that helps :up:

Chapeau
10-25-05, 02:58 AM
It helps HUGELY, thank you! Where's the damn "we're not worthy" emoticon? Yo, admin, we need one!

This'll have to do: :rock:

Chapeau
10-28-05, 12:15 AM
In C:\Program Files\Destroyer Command\Sim\DSF\1024\CICWindow.DSF:

[WINDOW]
Bounds = 0,0,1,1 ; was 8,8,218,156

Now the annoying TV set is gone. Unfortunately the lat/long and depth info is gone with it, but I'm adjusting to that.

Next project: How to change the colors of text on the CIC map and the game screen. I figured out once how to make the HUD text red, trying to find it again... help?