PDA

View Full Version : "Anatomy of the Ship" Type VII U-boat; missing tex

jason10mm
10-18-05, 01:01 PM
Hey everyone. I just got the above book from amazon, the revised edition. Great book, though a little light on the "how's" of things, though I realize that it is primarily targeted towards modellers rather than those who want to know which valve did what (the line drawings are good enough to figure some stuff out however).

Anyway, I noticed that 2 spreads had just a line drawing and a title, pages 38-39 and 40-41, covering the VIID in 1942 and VIIF as completed. "Missing" are the numbers pointing to different features and the text describing everything. Is this a mis-print or intentional? Every other line drawing has lots of text but these 2. Reviewers at amazon don't mention it, but perhaps they have an earlier edition. Any input?

Kaleun
10-19-05, 07:03 AM
hi,

I have this book at home, but am at work at the mo! - i wll have a look later for you

Kaleun

Kaleun
10-19-05, 11:00 AM
Hi,

I've had a look and also in my book there is no numbers or reference lines, just the line drawings themselves.

Kaleun

10-19-05, 07:02 PM
Hmmm, me thinks there was a printing error. I think I'll throw a line to the publisher and see what they say.