PDA

View Full Version : What's in a Navy's Name?

Bort
10-15-05, 05:27 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy is (A) Too darn long (B) Too awkward, or (C) Just plain wrong as no Navy should ever have Army as part of it's name, regardless of the historical context. I think that it's high time that the Chinese Navy was liberated from the Army! What does everyone else think?

diver
10-15-05, 09:05 AM
Yeah its a bit of a tongue twister. But what more could you expect from a bunch of commies? They always seem to want to pack too many words into a name. Like adding "liberational" "peoples" or "democratic" actually makes it for freedom. It boggles my mind. Oh well, You should never try and make sense from the reds.

On the whole Army bizzo, I dont know. Like i said our chinese "friends" never seem to make a lot of sense.

Maybe the thinking is PLAN rolls out the mouth better that CN. It's a mystery.

Abraham
10-15-05, 02:23 PM
I bet there will be a power struggle in the Chinese Navy to get 'liberated' from the Red Army.
But Neal will have to change the avatar we all went through of the Chinese Red Army Navy sailor...
:D

Subnuts
10-15-05, 03:16 PM
Well, it's not part of the Army, it's not run by the people, and it doesn't seem to be liberating anyone! :lol:

Kapitan
10-16-05, 11:35 AM
not part of the army no navy is just helps them in china its run by the government as is 99% of the worlds millaterys yes the people pay but they dont have a say

so yup tis all wrong

Sailor Steve
10-17-05, 12:46 PM
And it has a rival: The Chinese Army Peoples' Navy Of Liberation!