PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Conditions

10-07-05, 01:11 PM
If anyone here living in MD (or more specifically around the Baltimore/Catonsville area) wants to experience nasty weather as seen in SHIII - walk outside :)

Medium - strong gusts, heavy rain, visibility in some areas between 1/4 and 1/8 mile and driving on the beltway - visibility CAN beome EVEN LESS or NILL when behind another car. Flooded streets and large fallen branches are all over the place. So if you're like me and are a weather junky - enjoy! :up:

Cause : Remnants of Tropical Storm Ophelia. 1-2 inches (or maybe more) expected into Saturday evening. This has been moving up the East coast so those south of MD know what I'm talking about. I had to wipe the water off of my face, clean the glasses, and my hands had to dry off - I can't remember the last time we had rain like this (and that's spanning at least 5-6 years). For those in my Native Europe - it's like walking along the coast in the middle of a strong storm :)

EDIT : It's mostly passed now, but it was an interesting weather event (hence ths post).

Damo1977
10-08-05, 01:04 AM
Well got a storm here in Adelaide for 2 days not a tropical storm but we Adelaideians arn't built for this. We get sudden nasty wind gust storms. 27 one day 15 the next. Cant play cricket today :cry: or much else. White caps on the sea. But what makes me happy is New Zealand will receive it :P

Saturday 8 October