PDA

View Full Version : Could someone translate?

Syxx_Killer
10-02-05, 05:16 PM
I was doing a general Google image search for the Typhoon SSBN. I came across a Typhoon launching a missile. The webpage is in Russian. I tried using the BabelFish tool, but it didn't work. What is this Typhoon up to?

http://www.e-telescope.gr/gr/cat02/art02_020601/art02_020601_16.htm

I wish there was a larger version of that image. Would make some good wallpaper. :lol:

XabbaRus
10-02-05, 05:24 PM
That's not Russian it is Greek :)

Kapitan
10-02-05, 05:56 PM
yup tis greek

Syxx_Killer
10-02-05, 07:54 PM
Greak?! It looked Russian to me. :oops: :oops: :oops:

TLAM Strike
10-02-05, 08:22 PM
IIRC the Greek and Russian Alphabet share some of the same origins since both areas have a large Eastern Orthodox population. The Eastern Orthodox helped develop the Cyclic Alphabet in Russia.

StdDev
10-03-05, 08:30 AM
IIRC the Greek and Russian Alphabet share some of the same origins since both areas have a large Eastern Orthodox population. The Eastern Orthodox helped develop the Cyclic Alphabet in Russia.

Ummm Cyrillic Alphabet

The Cyrillic Alphabet was named for St. Cyril, although there is some dispute as to whether this is the alphabet he invented or not. Cyril was a Greek monk who, with Methodius, brought written language to Christian converts in the mid-9th century (c.860) in what is now Russia. The Cyrillic alphabet is closely based on the Greek alphabet, with about a dozen additional letters invented to represent Slavic sounds not found in Greek