PDA

View Full Version : The A Team

Kapitan
09-27-05, 05:40 PM
In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

"Hannibal" Smith (George Peppard)
Templeton "Faceman" Peck (Dirk Benedict)
H.M. Murdock (Dwight Schultz)
B.A. Baracus (Mr. T).

any you guys remember this ?

i love it dont miss an episode and going to start collecting the DVD sets too :D

thanos
09-27-05, 05:53 PM
"Someone shot the tires off my VAN!"

"I pity the foo !"

August
09-27-05, 06:05 PM
People getting shot to pieces and blown up and everybody, i mean everybody walks away.

Hellcat
09-27-05, 09:02 PM
I used to watch it quite a bit when I was younger, though I found it was a bit on the silly side after a while. Was more of a fan of the first season of Airwolf, when they blew someone up you knew they had it.

The Avon Lady
09-28-05, 01:16 AM
"I love it when a plan comes together!" :D

Kapitan
09-28-05, 01:27 AM
WOW you guys still remember :D :D :D

The Avon Lady
09-28-05, 02:02 AM
What's been on my mind the last 2 days has been the passing away of Don Adams (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050927/ts_alt_afp/afpentertainmentus_050927133342).

"Get Smart" made me laugh so much when I was little. And my husband was a big fan, too.

Syxx_Killer
09-28-05, 09:25 AM
I watched a lot of the Get Smart episodes. When I heard he died on the news, I couldn't believe it.

I remember the A Team, too. I guess it was ok. One thing that was always funny is it would be raining lead all over and everyone always missed. Yet, when they have to nail that "sweet spot" they always got it in a shot or two. :88) :lol:

DivingWind
09-28-05, 01:17 PM
A team is commando unit on crack! Just joking! This TV serial was my favorite! (still is)

Oberon
09-28-05, 02:04 PM
"I ain't gettin' on no plane!"

Aaah, that series was a classic, haven't seen it in ages though, really must commandeer the missus's Sky connection when I go round there next and watch a few episodes :up:

Takeda Shingen
09-28-05, 04:18 PM
I remember the A-Team from when I was a kid. Classic campy TV.

nikimcbee
10-17-05, 02:18 AM
Trash bag... :rock: (when Murdock was flying in his homemade hot air ballon.

OneShot
10-17-05, 04:24 AM
Ah... A-Team. This brings back some great memories from my childhood. Yep, its sometimes silly and unbelieveable but its fun to watch.

Konovalov
10-17-05, 04:24 AM
What's been on my mind the last 2 days has been the passing away of Don Adams (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050927/ts_alt_afp/afpentertainmentus_050927133342).

"Get Smart" made me laugh so much when I was little. And my husband was a big fan, too.

:yep:

"Missed by that much!" and "Sorry about that chief" immediately come to mind.

retired1212
10-17-05, 06:49 AM
B.A always needed a special treatment before flying :D

My favorite shows were Knight Rider, Air Wolf, A -Team, Mission Impossible, The Hulk, Automan, Miami Vice, Viper, Highway man and a few more.

80s was great. I don't find the current TV shows much appealing. Maybe I am too old for this sh!t :D

jason10mm
10-19-05, 11:02 AM
I always liked how they would conveinently be stranded/captured/surrounded in a garage with steel plates, high horsepower engines, and lots of welding equipment!

Airwolf was fun, but you knew the Hellfire (anti-air if needed) missile would hit just as the theme music ended.

I liked Manimal, Wierd Science, Werewolf, Street Hawk, and Tour of Duty. There were SOOOOO many wacky shows back then.

JamesT73J
10-19-05, 03:27 PM
Some facts I came to realise about both Airwolf and The A-Team.

Airwolf didn't have normal engines. Instead, it had hi-fi speakers. You may have noticed you never hear any turbine noise, only this strange 80's synth music whenver Airwolf is about.

Santini was not in fact Stringfellow Hawk's sidekick, but an advanced AI that lived in the back of the helicopter. mimicking some crazy Ernest Borgnine lookalike, just so String wouldn't get Lonely.

Despite no apparent attempt by Faceman to disguise himself, the staff at Murdoch's secure unit repeatedly let him in, week after week, never apparently realising that he was not - perhaps - an MD.

Did the A-Team ever get paid for a single job they did? Perhaps they need a consultancy, as their client-base appears to be restricted to small, family businesses, who never have any money. Men of the A-Team's skill would surely be better employed by a large energy comglomerate who have some ancient tribes to 'relocate'.

:-j

Kapitan
10-20-05, 01:29 AM
yeah face totled it up at the end