PDA

View Full Version : Dutch sun runners lead pack to Alice

Fish
09-26-05, 02:19 PM
Four teams have passed the Alice Springs checkpoint in the Darwin to Adelaide World Solar Car Challenge.

Last year's winner, Dutch vehicle Nuna III, arrived in Alice Springs first this afternoon with a lead of about an hour.

The US team from Michigan arrived in the central Australian town in second place, closely followed by Aurora from Melbourne and Sky Ace Tiga from Japan.

Germany's Helio Det is the first team to retire from the race.

The car failed to arrive at two checkpoints within the allocated times.

The race began yesterday.

Abraham
09-26-05, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the info, Fish.
Nice to hear that we beat Germany, hope it is the same next year at the World Championships Football.
Looking forward to more updates.
:up:

August
09-26-05, 08:07 PM
When i first read the title i thought the thread was about Dutch Rum runners leading the cops to a fugitive named Alice! :D

The Avon Lady
09-27-05, 02:16 AM
When i first read the title i thought the thread was about Dutch Rum runners leading the cops to a fugitive named Alice! :D
Alice doesn't live here anymore.

Abraham
09-27-05, 11:35 AM
Good one!
:rotfl:

Abraham
09-28-05, 11:11 PM
"We" won again, third time in a row!
:-j

snowsub
10-10-05, 07:58 PM
Is it just me, or is the fact that this race been going on for about 20 years and I've yet to see:

A: Any car look like they are
B: Any technology actually get incorporated into the car industry
C: Any actual obvious development from the originals apart from marginaltotal time decreases
D: Or am I just being too synical???

Just it seems to be the same looking cars doing the same thing year after year. Cars looking the same every year??

Thoughts....