PDA

View Full Version : Run backup scrips error.

Fish
09-21-05, 05:12 PM
On my own pc, no problem but running the backup scrips on my wifes pc I got the following.
PS: I did not try to run the install script yet.

http://home.hccnet.nl/wico.p/Run%20time%20error.JPG

LuftWolf
09-21-05, 05:16 PM
that appears to be something unique to the European version of windows... I need time to search through sites in Norwegian (?) but it may be spyware unrelated to the mod.

Give me a minute to decipher these websites... you can also look up c2sload in google and see what you find, you may be able to understand what these websites are saying?

GRRRR... I can't find any sites in ENGLISH about this! Dammnit! :damn: :damn: :damn:

Fish
09-21-05, 05:25 PM
that appears to be something unique to the European version of windows... I need time to search through sites in Norwegian (?) but it may be spyware unrelated to the mod.

Give me a minute to decipher these websites... you can also look up c2sload in google and see what you find, you may be able to understand what these websites are saying?

GRRRR... I can't find any sites in ENGLISH about this! Dammnit! :damn: :damn: :damn:

How is your Danish. :)

http://www.spywarefri.dk/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1746

LuftWolf
09-21-05, 05:26 PM
Ok, that program is the product of a company called Sitecom that makes communication hardware and software for the European market.

It is unlikely that the .bat file would cause that directly.

I recommend restarting the computer and trying again.

What happened is that particular process had an error, I'd be surprised if it happened twice, have you reproduced it?

I just noticed that the proper backup directories were created in your Dangerous Water folder, so I am fairly certain that the two events were not directly related. In any case, you don't have to run the backup script again, but I would restart the computer to be sure you have everything running that you need.

LuftWolf
09-21-05, 05:34 PM
This is the ONLY code in the backup .bat file:

md database.standard
md doctrine.standard
copy Database\*.* database.standard
copy doctrine\*.* Doctrine.standard

so I am VERY sure that the two events are unrelated.

It is in DOS code, the first two lines are "Make Directory" commands that instruct the creation of those two directories, and the other two lines instuct windows to copy all files from the Database and Doctrine files into the newly created folders.

So there is no access into the Visual C++ Runtime library that might have caused a conflict with that process.

Fish
09-21-05, 05:43 PM
Rebooted, and now its working fine. Thanks for your time. :up:

And for the mod of course. :rock:

LuftWolf
09-21-05, 05:44 PM
Enjoy... maybe we dive together sometime? ;)

Of course, I'll wait until I avoid my first torpedo guided by a human before I'll fight the Fish! :huh: :dead: :rock: :arrgh!: :lol: