PDA

View Full Version : do you think isreal could become part of the EU ?

Kapitan
09-18-05, 11:23 AM
title speaks for itself but what do you guys think i personaly think it be a good idea i mean they are allies of america and britian and most of europe so i dont see why not i mean we allowed turkey so why not isreal ?

martes86
09-18-05, 11:29 AM
I see that as quite impossible. :o
Israel is in Middle East. No piece of it is Europe. Turkey at least has some land in Eastern Europe. But Israel doesn't. I can't imagine of the EU accepting Israel. Then, why not accept China or Japan? :-j

Kapitan
09-18-05, 11:30 AM
it would be nice if we had all the democratic states in a union like the EU cause then we could all support each other

Skybird
09-18-05, 11:43 AM
Hell, no! Is the middle east part of Europe all of a sudden???? And a whole bag of aeons-old problems and ethnic hate and rivalries and violance putting onto Brussel's table that right now hardly can deal with 25 members that are already there? Another stepstone of Washington anchored in the heart of European policy making, with Turkey maybe follwing afterwards, weakening European independence from America, even more: an independence that already is fragile?

No, never.

Skybird
09-18-05, 11:47 AM
it would be nice if we had all the democratic states in a union like the EU cause then we could all support each other
we could picnic together and exchange recipes for mousse-au-chocolat, there would be a lot of laughter and joy, and much love in the air, bees are humming, flowers are smelling, and in the evening we all wish each other a heartly Good-night, and all of Israel's neighbours would smile and say how lovely it is to look at us. Paradise established!

What are you smoking?

martes86
09-18-05, 11:49 AM

In a union like EU, but not in the EU itself. If it was in the EU, it wouldn't be EU anymore.

Kapitan
09-18-05, 11:49 AM
hey its just a crazy off the wall idea

Takeda Shingen
09-18-05, 11:55 AM
we could picnic together and exchange recipes for mousse-au-chocolat, there would be a lot of laughter and joy, and much love in the air, bees are humming, flowers are smelling, and in the evening we all wish each other a heartly Good-night, and all of Israel's neighbours would smile and say how lovely it is to look at us. Paradise established!

What are you smoking?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kapitan
09-18-05, 12:34 PM
lol thats a good one

Type941
09-18-05, 12:42 PM
No! Just like 'no' to Turkey. What's the benefit to EU?

TLAM Strike
09-18-05, 01:11 PM
Why not, Hawaii isn't really part of North America yet they are part of the United States of America. :lol:
While we’re at it why not make Europe the 51st state and China the 52nd state! :hmm:

Kapitan
09-18-05, 01:17 PM
hey dont forget russia as the 53rd state :D

martes86
09-18-05, 01:22 PM
That doesn't count in. The USA is a country, not a union evolved from several economical agreements. :lol:

Type941
09-18-05, 01:23 PM
and all the former soviet republics sponsored by the US 'democracy' organizations should get a little US flag in the corner of their own. You know, as title sponsor. :up:

martes86
09-18-05, 01:23 PM
Wait, why not getting Russia in the EU. Moscow is in Europe. :-j

Type941
09-18-05, 01:24 PM
That doesn't count in. The USA is a country, not a union evolved from several economical agreements. :lol:

you know that they EU is the new USSR. :) Just the flag is Blue. :doh:

martes86
09-18-05, 01:25 PM
you know that they EU is the new USSR. :) Just the flag is Blue. :doh:

There you see the importance of the colours... :yep: :lol:

Kapitan
09-18-05, 01:25 PM
just like china is realy a capitalist country well hong kong is and thats part of china :D :88) :doh:

joea
09-18-05, 02:12 PM
Turkey? No. Isreal? No. Bad countries? No. Not European? Yes.

Russia? Neither. Both. :know:

Skybird? My inspiration. :rotfl:

Kapitan
09-18-05, 02:13 PM
lol

martes86
09-18-05, 02:36 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

August
09-18-05, 02:39 PM
If you guys are going to join the US, voted Skybirds favorite country 2 years running, may i suggest that you subdivide into as many states as possible so you get more senators.

While the number of seats in the House of Representatives that a state receives is based upon population, it only gets 2 senators and passage of all new laws, appropriations requires approval from both houses of Congress.

Oh and make sure you keep your hands firmly on your wallet when the honorable congressmen from New Jersey are around. I'm just saying...

Kapitan
09-18-05, 02:41 PM
huh dont get that

werauchimmer
09-18-05, 02:46 PM

You know, the problems with that proposal propably lie more in the kremlin than in Bruxelles (or however you write it in english.)

Kapitan
09-18-05, 02:47 PM
moscow doesnt qualify anyway so i do belive thats why they havnt botherd to even try

martes86
09-18-05, 02:51 PM
You know, the problems with that proposal propably lie more in the kremlin than in Bruxelles (or however you write it in english.)

They don't know what they are missing... :P

ABBAFAN
09-18-05, 02:56 PM
they might as well theyre in eurovision.

Type941
09-18-05, 04:25 PM

Russia will have nothing to gain from it except that it's going to lose all its trade margins on gas and oil that it exports to EU (60% of foreign trade Russia does with EU). Russia on its own has a potential to be quite a powerful economy; joing EU would be a mistake for Russia. I can also imagine that Putin and his 'majors' that he put around towns to run businesses would have a problem following the rules set by some french speaking beurocrats from Brussels. Heck, even the French have problem with that!!!

Kapitan
09-18-05, 04:38 PM
lol dont we know it

Iceman
09-18-05, 06:18 PM
Hell, no! Is the middle east part of Europe all of a sudden???? And a whole bag of aeons-old problems and ethnic hate and rivalries and violance putting onto Brussel's table that right now hardly can deal with 25 members that are already there? Another stepstone of Washington anchored in the heart of European policy making, with Turkey maybe follwing afterwards, weakening European independence from America, even more: an independence that already is fragile?

No, never.

LOL..tell us what you really think.The evil empire is coming to get ya wizard.Stepstone of Washington.Lol...

Pigfish
09-18-05, 08:15 PM
While we’re at it why not make Europe the 51st state and China the 52nd state! :hmm:

Wooaa slow down there. The 51st slot is ours. :-j

TLAM Strike
09-18-05, 08:45 PM

Wooaa slow down there. The 51st slot is ours. :-j You already are a US protectorate what do you need statehood for? :lol:

Damo1977
09-19-05, 03:33 AM
:cry: What about us Australians down here? And the 'scum' ;) over the sea, the Kiwis? Where do we fit into this picture of Unions and States?

So unfair, stuck on our lonesome, all the way on the other side of the world. :cry:

XabbaRus
09-19-05, 05:15 AM
No way, just like Turkey shouldn't be allowed into the EU.

Now moving away from the thread title but in the same vein.

If Turkey joined the EU then we would have a massive influx of Turks into the richer EU countries ending up in the UK and Germany most of all. Don't want to sound like a BNP nationalist but that would cause a hell of a lot of problems.

This is in opposite to the fears whipped up in the UK tabloids about Baltic state and eastern euros who would come flooding into the country to live off of our benefits.

True up where I live in NE Scotland there are a large number of them but they are all to my knowledge working, mainly in the fish processing industry, though there are a few who I think are involved in organised crime, there are a few nice BMWs flitting about my town with Latvian and Lithuanian number plates on and the people in them don't look like your average foreign businessman on international transfer. Thing is these ones in the BMWs having heard them speak are Russians who have Latvian or Lithuanian Passports having been born there and then getting citizenship. Anyway most of the Czechs, Poles etc are in paid employment doing the work Brits are too snooty to do.

But those Russian/Latvians in the BMWs I am not so sure about. Experience in Russia from seeing those kinds about give me a bad feeling.

Iceman
09-19-05, 10:58 AM

Wooaa slow down there. The 51st slot is ours. :-j

LMAO... :up: I vote Canada in!

Kapitan
09-19-05, 11:16 AM
mummy

martes86
09-19-05, 03:45 PM
mummy

:lol:

BTW, what is that gross white thingie that my browser calls a "pic"? :hmm:

Kapitan
09-19-05, 03:56 PM
huh what white thing :-? all i see is an akula SSN

martes86
09-19-05, 04:12 PM
No no, I didn't mean yours, I mean the thing that Iceman has posted. :hmm:

Kapitan
09-19-05, 04:26 PM
its a commet

Type941
09-19-05, 04:34 PM
what's with the post Iceman? you gone bonkers? edit that attachment... :shifty:

martes86
09-19-05, 05:10 PM
The "thing":

An awful 5000x5000 pixels "pic". :o

EDIT: I removed the pic, due to request by XabbaRus.

MM :rock:

Damo1977
09-19-05, 05:17 PM
If Turkey joined the EU then we would have a massive influx of Turks into the richer EU countries ending up in the UK and Germany most of all.

I have heard Turkey are trying/tried to get into the EU. But, wouldn't it be just slightly embarrassing/hypocritical considering their human rights abuse against the Kurds.

Anyhow on a more serious note.
How about Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Egypt for the EU, they are just across the Med.

Takeda Shingen
09-19-05, 05:36 PM
Anyhow on a more serious note.
How about Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Egypt for the EU, they are just across the Med.

Then why not Israel after all? They are equidistant from the other countries you mentioned.

martes86
09-19-05, 05:46 PM
What? Applying Morocco the Schengen agreement? We already have inmigration problems with those guys. They come here with no money, illegally, and are laborally abused by some employers. (Note that I have no problem with them coming, if they come the good way, I've had some friends from there :D ).

Type941
09-19-05, 05:49 PM
No seriously, this is rediculous, sort that thing out man. :stare:

martes86
09-20-05, 03:07 AM
No seriously, this is rediculous, sort that thing out man. :stare:

Quite some imaginative ideas, hehe. :D :P

XabbaRus
09-20-05, 04:05 AM
Could that huge white GIF be removed it is annoying when reading the thread as it takes up a lot of the screen scroll?

It also takes time to load which is annoying on dial-up.

Would be much appreciated.

martes86
09-20-05, 04:31 AM
Could that huge white GIF be removed it is annoying when reading the thread as it takes up a lot of the screen scroll?

It also takes time to load which is annoying on dial-up.

Would be much appreciated.

At least someone notes it! :D
I'll remove the one I quoted, but it's up to Iceman to remove the one he posted. :dead:

Type941
09-20-05, 05:38 AM
no, it's up to moderators to remove that idiotic post. I wonder sometimes what goes through someone's mind when they post stuff like that. :nope:

martes86
09-20-05, 05:46 AM
no, it's up to moderators to remove that idiotic post.

Oh, yeah, forgot that possibility. :oops:

Kapitan
09-20-05, 06:46 AM
is this an idiotic post?

Type941
09-20-05, 07:12 AM
is this an idiotic post?

No, your post if fine Kapitain, don't sweat it. It's a strange question though, if it makes you feel better! :rotfl: :/\x:

martes86
09-20-05, 07:15 AM
is this an idiotic post?

Your thread is ok. The problem is that post of Iceman with that annoying white thing of 5000x5000 pixels. Didn't you see it? :ping:

Type941
09-20-05, 07:24 AM
is this an idiotic post?

Your thread is ok. The problem is that post of Iceman with that annoying white thing of 5000x5000 pixels. Didn't you see it? :ping:

May be he's got some 'pictures disabled' or 'hotlinking disabled' in firewall or something. :hmm:

martes86
09-20-05, 07:29 AM
May be he's got some 'pictures disabled' or 'hotlinking disabled' in firewall or something. :hmm:

Possibly. But note that only XabbaRus said something. The rest of the guys kept posting, like if they didn't see that. :hmm:

Type941
09-20-05, 08:03 AM
Well, good for them!... :-?

Kapitan
09-20-05, 08:31 AM
i dont see it :huh:

martes86
09-20-05, 09:27 AM
i dont see it :huh:

What do you see? A pic or nothing? Because I see something there as Type941 sees it. :hmm:

Kapitan
09-20-05, 09:37 AM
yes i see it wooo a big ball thing with an idiot in it

martes86
09-20-05, 09:46 AM
I can see it openinig another browser window, but why can't I see it here? :o

BTW, that ball is crazy. What is it doing eating a guy? :rotfl:
Low budget disguises...

Abraham
09-20-05, 10:33 AM
Back to topic:
Israel does not belong to Europe so should not be considered a potential EU member.
Furthermore, Israel is - still - dealing with problems that have nothing to do with Europe. Why import problems?
Association and so on is fine, but I think both parties are not interested in anything more than that.

martes86
09-20-05, 11:15 AM
Back to topic:
Israel does not belong to Europe so should not be considered a potential EU member.
Furthermore, Israel is - still - dealing with problems that have nothing to do with Europe. Why import problems.
Association and so on is fine, but I think both parties sre not interested in anything more than that.

Yep, that's correct. Let the problems stay where they belong to. :D

Damo1977
09-21-05, 05:36 PM
Actually talking about Israel, don't know how much truth there is to it.. But quite a few years back now, I heard that there were originally two choices for the land of Israel one was where it is now, and the other was a piece of Australia, actually the top of Western Australia

Abraham
09-21-05, 05:41 PM
I've never heard that story so you can count on it that there is no truth in it.
The thing that comes the closest were vague plans to establish a Jewish state in Uganda, in the early days of Zionism (before WW I).

martes86
09-22-05, 03:56 AM
Actually talking about Israel, don't know how much truth there is to it.. But quite a few years back now, I heard that there were originally two choices for the land of Israel one was where it is now, and the other was a piece of Australia, actually the top of Western Australia

:o :o :o

That's a crazy idea. The most logical thing would be to put them where historical documents say it originally was. :hmm:

Damo1977
09-22-05, 05:30 AM
I've never heard that story so you can count on it that there is no truth in it.
The thing that comes the closest were vague plans to establish a Jewish state in Uganda, in the early days of Zionism (before WW I).

You were right with Uganda,
'Herzl negotiated with the British regarding the possibility of settling the Jews on the island of Cyprus, the Sinai Peninsula, the El Arish region and Uganda',
come from here
http://www.mideastweb.org/zionism.htm

The Avon Lady
09-22-05, 06:25 AM
I voted no. Same opinion as Abraham.

Kapitan
09-22-05, 07:30 AM
i voted no too :88)

Wim Libaers
09-23-05, 04:37 PM
Back to topic:
Furthermore, Israel is - still - dealing with problems that have nothing to do with Europe. Why import problems?
Association and so on is fine, but I think both parties are not interested in anything more than that.

We've been importing problems for decades. They used to be called guest workers, now it's mostly "refugees" :rotfl:

Of course, the sensible thing to respond is no.

But if you think about it, it would perhaps be a very good idea to let Israel join. And all the Arab countries as well. All of Europe and Asia. Every African country, every country in North and South America (US as well). Extend the offer for membership to any extraterrestrials. All of this provided that every member country has veto rights. That would solve just about all of the problems the EU causes :lol:

Jace11
09-23-05, 06:07 PM
I voted no too, reasons: human rights, violating international law, geography, maverick government

August
09-23-05, 11:30 PM
But if you think about it, it would perhaps be a very good idea to let Israel join. And all the Arab countries as well. All of Europe and Asia. Every African country, every country in North and South America (US as well). Extend the offer for membership to any extraterrestrials. All of this provided that every member country has veto rights.

I think the US should get 50 votes since we're a collection of 50 states, albeit currently united ones.

Damo1977
09-24-05, 02:06 AM
But if you think about it, it would perhaps be a very good idea to let Israel join. And all the Arab countries as well. All of Europe and Asia. Every African country, every country in North and South America (US as well). Extend the offer for membership to any extraterrestrials. All of this provided that every member country has veto rights.

I think the US should get 50 votes since we're a collection of 50 states, albeit currently united ones.

See once again, no mention of Australia. How rude!!! or are we on Mars?

Wim Libaers
09-24-05, 02:23 PM

See once again, no mention of Australia. How rude!!! or are we on Mars?

Of course you are. Or at least at approximately the same distance :lol:

But it's OK, you can join too. And Antarctica (I guess it's possible to teach penguins to hit the veto button when voting?)

U-552Erich-Topp
09-24-05, 07:09 PM
:) No way, the EU doesn't need that. They have enough on their hands right now. Erich Topp U-552

Takeda Shingen
09-25-05, 07:18 AM
Damo, where are you from?

Abraham
09-26-05, 06:55 AM
:) No way, the EU doesn't need that. They have enough on their hands right now. Erich Topp U-552
Most Israeli's feel exactly the same. It is an absolute non-issue for both parties concerned.

P.S. Kapitain, could you change "isreal" into "Israel". It hurt my eyes!
Thanks in advance.
:D