PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some football? (2005)

Onkel Neal
09-08-05, 05:25 AM
Season begins tonight. My fabled Raiders vs those tucking Patriots :yep:

What's your team and how did they become your favorite team?

What are your predictions for the season?

joea
09-08-05, 05:45 AM
Cool Neal, I am sooooooo out of the loop concerning American football and good ol Canadian hockey. My sis and her hubbie are baseball fans (yes my sis loves it) . Don't hold it against me but my brother in law is a Yankee (well of Hungarian origin :D ) and they live in Queens..big Yankees fans, git it? :-j

He does like football though...not sure which team he supports. I was told in no uncertain terms by my bro in law's boss (my sis) they support the Islanders not Rangers.

Kapitan
09-08-05, 06:29 AM
ypu guys are the only people that i know who play football with thier hands :d good luck to em all

Kaleun
09-08-05, 06:47 AM
Hi,

Brit whose into NFL (grew up with US airforce base at the end of the road!)

Go RAMS!!

Kaleun

August
09-08-05, 07:25 AM
I've been a Patriots fan since they wore red jerseys. Threepeat baby!

Abraham
09-08-05, 12:56 PM
My favorite team is Ajax, of course, and on a national level the Oranje-football team.
:D

Sea Demon
09-08-05, 03:31 PM
49ers here. Well I'm a Californian and grew up during the 49er Glory days of the 80's. They look alot better this year. Rattay is doing alot better thank God. But that offensive line needs to give him more time in the pocket to find receivers.

- I hate to say it, but the Patriots just might 3-peat. They seem unbeatable. I'm hoping the Raiders at least get the Patriots off to a bad start. :P

Onkel Neal
09-08-05, 11:00 PM
Something about that yellow rag, the Raiders in love with it :damn:

Iceman
09-08-05, 11:58 PM
Ah Neal....when I saw this pic I thought of you. :)

http://www.starving-artists.net/galleries/damore/sd10--pittsburgh-steelers.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers....just always liked em...Arizona hasn't always had a team of our own so we had to have one and Pitts was it and still is....was cool to even see them come to Ariz a few yrs back in a Super Bowl here...couldn't pull it out though that yr.

Terrax
09-09-05, 08:48 AM
I've been a Saints fan for over 15 years. I really don't remember why I picked them as my favorite team, but over the years, it's become apparent that I like watching my favorite team lose consistently. :)
I kind of had hopes for them this year, but more than likely all the issues with the city of New Orleans will make a normally streaky team worse.

Of course I can tell myself that getting out of New Orleans, and the tragedy of Katrina will make the team step up and make the play offs.
Yea, I can tell myself that anyway... :88)

gdogghenrikson
09-09-05, 09:13 AM
vikings

Damo1977
09-09-05, 09:32 AM
NO!!! I have been waiting for October for a season.....

cowman1009
09-09-05, 11:57 AM
Well lets see....born in Massachusetts and raised in Maine....currently stationed in Connecticut; the pattern would point to a team somewhere in the Northeast region, a team that has dominated the NFL 3 out of the last 4 years....GO PATS!!!!!! :rock:

Takeda Shingen
09-09-05, 01:57 PM
Lived in southeastern Pa all my life, and have been a lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan.

Anyway, Tak's pics for the playoffs:

NFC
1. Philadelphia
2. Seattle
3. Minnesota
4. Atlanta
Wildcard--
5. Carolina
6. Green Bay

AFC
1. Indianapolis
2. New England
3. Pittsburgh
4. Denver
Wildcard--
5. Buffalo
6. Kansas City

Eagles take it this year. You heard it here first.

Sharkstooth
09-09-05, 04:15 PM
err...

I do believe you overlooked my Chicago Bears Tak.

:cool:

(admit it, they got the best uniforms)

Onkel Neal
09-09-05, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Tak, those are all favs, ain'tcha got any long shots? :)

Bort
09-09-05, 05:11 PM
Daaaa Bears! :arrgh!:

Takeda Shingen
09-09-05, 05:36 PM
:lol: Neal, you think Buffalo, KC, Green Bay Denver and Carolina are favorites? Besides, I have Buffalo beating Indy in Round 2. Now that's a long shot. I also have an all-PA Superbowl.

EDIT: I'm just not crazy enough to take Jacksonville. I have no idea what they see in Byron Leftwitch, and that defense couldn't stop a five-year-old. Delhomme and his shenanigans are enough of a stretch for me.

Sharky, there can be no doubt about the uniforms. Da Bears look great when they lose.

Sharkstooth
09-10-05, 12:59 PM
@ Tak
omg......blasphemy!!

u just so jealous.
:-j

nikimcbee
09-24-06, 11:53 PM
Holy bump Batman, Look what I found while cleaning under the couch! Last years football thread:p

Perilscope
09-25-06, 03:38 AM
What's your team and how did they become your favorite team?I like the Miami Dolphins
I started to like the Dolphins since the 80's. The Dolphins slammed records one after the other since their beginnings, some still holds, and in part, that is why I started to like them. It was just amazing to see the good chemistry between the Dolphins players and Don Shula (coach), the most successful coach in professional football in terms of regular season victories. I also liked Dan Marino, what a character.
What are your predictions for the season?
As for predictions, dam, I don't know, I hate predictions for team sports. One team loses one or two key elements, and there goes the prediction. Therefore, it's very hard.
Ah! what the heck, Chicago wins it all! :D
However, Miami won't finish last in their division for sure. Since Nick Saban is there, the Dolphins seem to have improved.