PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Valour.

Egan
09-04-05, 11:51 AM
I just picked this up. At first there does not seem to be much difference between this and the Rowansoft original but then you start noticing the lighting, the clouds, the water, the models....The FM feels overhauled too. Seems good so far. Lots of reports of ctds and so on but I've not seem anything yet, myself.

Oberon
09-04-05, 12:06 PM
Nice....might have to investigate this, I'm one of the select few that still enjoy the original Rowansoft BoB :up:

Egan
09-05-05, 11:48 AM
Beautiful looking game, with an atmosphere that blows Forgotten battle out of the sky.

The weather effects are stunning. flying below the blanket cloud on a stormy day is just awesome. And for the first time in sim history a 'fair' British day actually looks like a 'fair' British day: Plenty of cloud, a bit grey with sunny spells. :up:

But it really is a bit on the crashy side. Lol, my original Rowansoft copy was more stable. :down:

thyro
04-13-06, 06:34 AM
This title Battle of Britain II - Wings of Victory (limited edition) is to remain in the shop shelves...

skip it! skip it! and buy something else better!

The game is totaly instable,

The planes aren't stable and very hard to find little dots (which might/not be german planes)

Crashes followed by crashes and not even patches solved the problems

Plane graphics aren't precise and sometimes would get very odd during the gameplay.

My advise on this game is simple:

If your game shop doesn't give you refunds... then spend your money in other game (skip this one and don't even look at box/magazine pictures... that was my fall!)

Buy this "game" (if we can use the word "game" to describe this pile of x) if you want to become disapointed with it.

<--- unfortunatly the shop that I use doesn't make refunds otherwise I would have returned it... Anyway it went straight to the rubish bin after trying it for several days to see if I could make it a bit stable...

£35 to the bin! :damn:

Egan
04-26-06, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I've junked it now. More unstable than a Psycho on crank. even worse than the original.

Still a great game, though....what a shame. :x

CaptainCruise
05-07-06, 05:10 PM
They'll probably release a patch for the game some time in the future that will address the instability issues.

One question.....does your computer meet all the "recommended" system requirements instead of the minimum ones? That will go a long way towards having a stable game.

Other than that, try getting some people together, start contacting the company and explain what the problem is. Make them understand that it's a widespread problem affecting a lot of people. Listen to what they have to say, and go from there. Hopefully they'll address the problem.

Egan
05-08-06, 12:24 PM
One question.....does your computer meet all the "recommended" system requirements instead of the minimum ones?

Yup. And the rest. I haven't played it in a long while, though. I must try again with most recent patch.