PDA

View Full Version : SLAM-ER Fix Beta

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 02:00 PM
I have changed the doctrine to missileskim and it works fine, even still follows waypoints.

This, combined with the missle sounds that need to be added to the DB mod, warrent a new version of the Mod DB.

NEED Orion players to test!

PM me!

Edit: I have done some playing around with the SLAM-ER using the missleskim doctrine. A few of the missles I fired did not make it, like 2 out of 10. It seems their chance of making it to the target is greatly increased if you adjust the waypoints, as all of the failures were when I did not adjust the waypoints and everytime I did, they exploded on target.

Kapitan
08-18-05, 02:23 PM
if this becomes a patch does it affect us sub skippers ? dumb question but i can normaly shoot down a P3 will this affect it ?

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 02:24 PM
Hehe...

SLAM-ER is a standoff, land attack missle. So, no! :up: :arrgh!:

Kapitan
08-18-05, 02:24 PM
thank goodness

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 02:45 PM
Doh, the I forgot to save the database when I made the doctrine changes! :o

But I was getting them to explode on target after some other changes I made that I thought hadn't worked... :stare: :hmm:

I need to look at this more closely, but I was getting them to blow stuff up... huh?

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 02:55 PM
AH

BACK IN ACTION!

Hehe

I took away their IR seeker. Now they work just like TLAMs!

This should be good to go. And I rechecked the DB this time.

I am going to fire like 1000 of these things, and then send a new version of the mod to Bill.

:rock:

Caseck
08-18-05, 03:02 PM
If SLAM is TV guided, why can't you use them to attack ship targets?

Why is SLAM only land-capable?

LuftWolf
08-18-05, 03:10 PM
Stand Off Land Attack Missle-Expanded Response

A version of the IR guided SLAM missile with terrain-following and waypoint capability. An airlaunched, light TLAM if you will.

The original DB modded them with an IR seeker, which interfered with their terminal homing, causing them to malfunction.

Removing the IR seeker causes them to function properly, just like TLAM's.