PDA

View Full Version : Patch?

jason210
08-12-05, 01:15 PM
Hi

I just got DW and so I'm a newbie here!

Couple of problems. Firstly, I couldn't use the CDs with either my DVD drive or my CD drive. The CDs would only play in my new DVD drive on my laptop, so I had to install it there.

I tried the first mission. Whilst backing out of the harbour, I crashed into an invisible obstacle. These was the sound of an explosion and a brief puff of falme and smoke. For some reason I then started moving forwards very quickly, and ended up on top of the quay, passing through buildings and so on until I hit the water again on the otherside.

IS there a patch?

Another thing I can't get used to is the way the mouse works. If you've played SHIII and then come to this you'll know what I mean...you move it up and the view goes down...very counter intuitive!!

Anyone help?

DivingWind
08-12-05, 02:30 PM
Turn on truth! (ctrl+shift+T) :up:

Fish
08-12-05, 03:16 PM
Patch here, http://www.sonalystscombatsims.com/downloads/download_games.html

and the sound vs speed mod here,

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=35450

Welcome aboard. :)

jason210
08-12-05, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the tips. Is there anything you can do with mouse on the FFG free camera views?

Another thing. When I turn off "Show Link Data" the harbour disappears.

But I'm still excited by the prospect of getting into this, being a Fleet Command and Sub Command junkie...

scott613
08-12-05, 04:09 PM
LOL... My copy was tuff to install... The directions included stated that the SN you needed to enter was on the rear bottom left of the CD Case... Wrong - mine was printed on the manual - took me 15 minutes to locate...

Then when launching the game - an error message stated I needed to insert CD 2 in the drive... Wrong again - you need CD 1...

A little frustrating - but - once through - well worth the hassle...

Yep - that mouse periscope thing drives me crazy - try the machine gun on the FFG.. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with that... They really should have an automatic crewman for that position... I think the people this game appeals to - aren't looking for an arcade shoot'm up machine gun with marginal graphics... If you want to do a machine gun - - give me the quality of the SAW in America's Army...

Don't get me wrong - I am a huge fan of this game - but - it really should stick to it's element - making command decisions and running the sensor's on various platforms...

Just my nickles worth...

Regards,
Scott

OneShot
08-12-05, 04:29 PM
@Scott613 : Are you sure that you are talking about Dangerous Waters ? Because there is no CD-Key and neither is a CD required for playing.

scott613
08-12-05, 06:13 PM
Hmmm - maybe I mixed it up with something else... Me bad... So sorry...

:oops:

Regards,
Scott

Kaptain Lord Aaron
08-12-05, 07:51 PM
@Scott613 : Are you sure that you are talking about Dangerous Waters ? Because there is no CD-Key and neither is a CD required for playing.good call

Kapitan
08-13-05, 01:36 AM
i do have to use the CD or my computer wont recognise it :oops:

jason210
08-13-05, 10:49 AM
Turning on "Show Truth" stopped me crashing into the invisible objects. Is this the way one should navigate in harbours, with truth on?

Is there a way on can reverse the mouse?

DivingWind
08-13-05, 11:16 AM
No unfortunatlly no reverse with mouse.You will get use to it,just like I did.

Navigate from bridge and lookout when truth is off.

LuftWolf
08-13-05, 12:30 PM
For that particular mission, I set the port lookout at about 330 bearing and the rear right deck watch at about 150 and just took it slow and easy, switching back between those stations and the bridge, not that I didn't crash three or four times... :88)

Kapitan
08-13-05, 12:36 PM
well i use the azi pods on this one (only one i did with OHP) and i found it a great help

Rip
08-13-05, 01:22 PM
For that particular mission, I set the port lookout at about 330 bearing and the rear right deck watch at about 150 and just took it slow and easy, switching back between those stations and the bridge, not that I didn't crash three or four times... :88)

Gunner stations provide a nice view as well. Using the APUs and going slow can help when learning, but now I just back out. Go SLOW! Kick the engines on then coast, then goose it, then coast. I love that part!