PDA

View Full Version : Airplanes Crashing

SeaQueen
08-06-05, 12:39 PM
How come when I have my Harriers transit in from the ESG to whatever I want to wack, they frequently fly themselves right into the ocean?

OKO
08-07-05, 04:08 PM
yep, I also often had this problem with planes
solution are specific to each scenario and need test time ... sometimes lots of time ....
testing altitude, speed, path ....
good luck !

SeaQueen
08-07-05, 04:44 PM
yep, I also often had this problem with planes
solution are specific to each scenario and need test time ... sometimes lots of time ....
testing altitude, speed, path ....
good luck !

What are some of the causes I might look for? It seems pretty simple to me. I put 'em in the air, give 'em an altitude, and as long as the altitude is not the same as ground level, they ought to fly. Apparently, it doesn't work that way, though. :-)

JoGary(sco)
08-08-05, 07:45 PM
I had a simalar problem with a preditor. It would start to lose hight till it hit the water. I cant remember exactly how i fixed it but i think the problem was the tactic i used. I think i was using the Area waypoints or it was hapening after a transit search and when it changed to area waypoints.
Try only using one tactic like transit search or transit and dont add another at the end. I think it may have been when it reached the last waypiont in a tactic and was supose to start the next one. Or it was just the area waypoints tactic that caused it. Not sure.

The biggest problem i have with aircraft is friendly fire. Any AA misiles they fire seem to shoot down thair own planes more than the enemy. I would like to see it made so AA missiles could not targey friendles. Or improve the AI so as not to fire in the direction of friendlies.

OKO
08-09-05, 12:20 PM
You can see an exmaple of what I made (with really looong tests to find a correct solution) on the mission MP6 Harpers chase
I juts gave transit WP to planes until they reach a trigger when I ask them to attack.

If I ask them to track or to attack from the biginning, they always finish their course in the water long time before they reach the target, or engage the target out of range, so they just lost their weapons.

When I tried simple things like transit and attack order when they reach the last WP, they just started the attack from the beginning and didn't wait the desired WP ... (so lost their weapons at this long range)

I was also forced to put them at high altitude in transit mode to ensure they can reach the attack trigger without falling in the water.

It cost me hours of tests before I understood how to do here ...
And they still sometimes fall in the water ... (but really not often now)
Planes are difficult to manage, and quite buggy ...