PDA

View Full Version : Reloading from external stores

Deep6
08-04-05, 04:43 PM
I think that if you are bringing in a torpedoe from your external stores, and during the move you have to dive for cover (aircraft, destroyer, etc.), I think the torpedoe you were moving should be lost. Don't you think?

Another thing, how can you load from external stores in rough seas but you are unable to man the guns? I think you should be even more limited on when you can bring in the external loads.

Does anyone know of any instances where a Uboat was caught reloading? Or did those stories likely go down with everyone else?

Just a couple things that I have thaught about. :hmm:

Gammel
08-04-05, 05:03 PM
You are right, those things a modeled very bad in the game.
External Torpedo transfer was a difficult and dangerous task,
only possible in calm seas.
During the final phase of the transfer the sub was a sitting dug in the water.
"Nicht tauchklar" :)

Ula Jolly
08-04-05, 05:08 PM
The guns aren't manned because of the lack of gyro stabilisers, at least that's what I'm able to gather. Most sailors are equipped with good enough stability to fetch a torpedo. In VERY rough seas, it shouldn't happen.

Nopileo
08-04-05, 05:29 PM
I agree with the torp reload. That was probably a very critical phase, and I'm sure they rather threw the torp overboard than facing an air raid and risk the entire boat. But I bet a watchman mistaking a plane for a bird would not be very popular afterwards! :rotfl:

Regarding manning guns in rough seas, luckily the dev team have heard our cries of despair and enabled us to set the max weather conditions for manning guns ourselves. It is in the cfg-file of every sub since patch 1.4b.

I've set mine depending on the sub type and where the guns are located. In my current XXI I have it set to max (15 m/s). No deck gun, and both light flaks are at bridge level. Also, the gunners are completely surrounded by a 'tank'-like compartment, and can only see through a narrow gap in the direction they are facing. No chance of getting washed overboard there...

RevRaz
08-04-05, 06:24 PM
Are you kidding? The way players whine now how the game is, imagine if they couldnt load an external during high seas?

I think that if you are bringing in a torpedoe from your external stores, and during the move you have to dive for cover (aircraft, destroyer, etc.), I think the torpedoe you were moving should be lost. Don't you think?

Another thing, how can you load from external stores in rough seas but you are unable to man the guns? I think you should be even more limited on when you can bring in the external loads.

Does anyone know of any instances where a Uboat was caught reloading? Or did those stories likely go down with everyone else?

Just a couple things that I have thaught about. :hmm:

Drebbel
08-05-05, 12:05 AM

Hmm, realistically you should sink. :D

SmokinTep
08-05-05, 07:08 AM
I changed my ability to man the guns to 10, changed the line to read 11. Sometimes at 10, it's not easy to get a shot off due to the pitching deck.