PDA

View Full Version : FIRST CTD

joea
08-04-05, 03:13 PM
:damn: :damn: :damn:

Never try two mods at the same time. Well here's what happened.

Got SH3 commander...and Harbour traffic 1.45 pick up my carreer and start up. Load up SH3 and all (by sh3 commander, just sent one of my officers to get his own sub) choose my carreer and prepare to start my patrol and I see the red bar and a black scrren (no "initializing")... "SH3 has had a problem and had to close down" :x

Fine...decide to rollback SH3 and start again from the game... same problem I see a black screen no "initializing" and the same darn dialogue box.

So removed Harbour traffic 1.45 and then no problems. Seems to be something with 1.45, Sh3 Commander seems to be ok.

Help?

Gammel
08-04-05, 03:21 PM
You have to install harbour traffic 1.44 first, then update to 1,45.
Maybe the crash is caused by the new ai-subs in the mod. The were only installed by 1.44.
1.45 is just an update.

joea
08-04-05, 03:28 PM
ARRRRRGGGGG!!!! All the effort for nothing.

Smacks head. :damn:

Thank you. :oops:

Rubini
08-04-05, 03:34 PM
joea,

I understand that your problem is solve. :yep:
If you continue to have some bug, please post here or PM me.

Greetings,

(thanks Gammel)

Rubini.

Gammel
08-04-05, 03:39 PM
You can safely install 1.44 again (overwrite all files) and after that the 1.45 update.
Tip::-j
No need for a total reinstall.
When you have a clean 1.4 install and enough disk space, make a copy of the entire game folder.
Rename it to vaniila_SilenthunterIII or something like this.
When you messed up your gamefolder with mods just delete it,
rename that vanilla_SilenthunterIII thing to the name of your original installation folder and you have a virgin-like SH3. Has helped me very often to avoiding reinstall + patching.
Please excuse my english! :oops: