PDA

View Full Version : quick one on crush depth

JohnnyPotPie
08-03-05, 02:49 PM
ok so I cant see the point in that mod that changes the depth-O-meter to 400m. could a type VII go down to 400m? if so then why didnt they make it right, right from the start? Also if UBI got it wrong, is it worth getting the mod/mods to allow the sub to go down to deeper depths?

Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense
08-03-05, 02:51 PM
well... some people like to hunt the giant squids that only lurk below the 300 meter mark... :-j

--Mike

JohnnyPotPie
08-03-05, 02:53 PM
:rotfl: Ya i was just looking in the mod section on subsim.com and finaly stopped and read about that mod... but the more i think about it, i dont think ive ever even gone down below 50m. So far I have gotten lucky and have never been engaged by the enemy.

Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense
08-03-05, 03:02 PM
i only have the mod that puts the faces from the DasBoot crew on the gui... no other mods in the game...

i luv it down deep... listening for contacts... quiet... stealthy.... especially with the IX and XXI subs...

i usually stay in deep water and go down to 150 meters during the day and troll at silent speed... hoping some unsuspecting ship will come into my soundman's range...

and when being pursued, i crash dive to max depth, go silent, and make a quick degree turn... this usually shakes the dds, and even if i get a persistant Brit on my stern, a lil slow speed manuvering usually confuses him enough for me to sneak away...

trust me... depth and silence means survival... (and albericht... don't forget that)

--Mike

Carcassonne
08-03-05, 03:34 PM
I believe the 400m gauge mod is to be used in conjuction with the SH3 Crush depth V2 mod at....http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3.htm.

In essence I used the crush depth mod to modifiy the max depth of the VIIC/42 (which we all know didn't exist but I use it instead of the XXI). You can use www.uboat.net to ensure you have the correct max depths i.e. VIIC/42 http://www.uboat.net/types/viic-42.htm scroll to the bottom.

The crush mod also adjusts range whether surfaced or submerged.

Hope this helps... :up:

Duncan Idaho
08-03-05, 04:26 PM
Aye, the default depths on the u-boats in the game are all set to the same depth. But some of the boats actually had historically greater crush depths, hence the tool, and the mod.

jason210
08-04-05, 05:19 AM
The different variants of the type VII had depth crush depths:

VII 100/200m
VIIB 100/200m
VIIC 150/250m
VIIC/41 180/300m
VIIC/42 not built, but calcuated was 300/500m