PDA

View Full Version : "The Battle Beneath the Waves" - MP Campaign!

Audie
08-02-05, 10:14 AM
Ahoy Mates!

Well after weeks of planning and recruitment I am pleased to announce the launch of our new Multiplayer Campaign - "The Battle Beneath the Waves."

Our campaign will begin during the "Happy Times" of 1940, and progress through the defeat of the Kriegsmarine in 1945.

Our missions are 100% custom, and the degrees of realism will progress as the campaign does.

We have three Flotillas - Two N.A. and one European. We can create more if the interest deems it necessary.

I invite all to join us and partake in this truly unique event!

If you want some more info, or would like to enlist please email me at taw.audie@gmail.com, or visit our website at TheArtofWarfare.net (http://pub.theartofwarfare.net).

I hope to cya all on the High Seas!

redstorm101
08-02-05, 11:59 AM
@audie.....Man that sound great! I have bookmarked the site.... :sunny:

SteamWake
08-02-05, 12:15 PM
Great efforts and idea. Only wish I had the time.

Good luck ! :up:

Audie
08-02-05, 10:52 PM
Thanx Fellas!

We're pretty excited about the whole thing :up:

Hope to cya on the High Seas!

Zero Niner
08-02-05, 11:05 PM
Could you provide a bit more info? I'm afraid the item on your site isn't very informative.
I suppose it'll be co-operative? Human players vs AI.
How will this be played - by scenarios? If so how long does a scenario last?

Audie
08-02-05, 11:34 PM
Ahoy Zero,

Yes, you are correct. It will be a Co-Op MP Campaign.

The missions will be created according to a semi-historical timeline. I envision a typical mission lasting between 1-2 hours.

All skippers will use TeamSpeak and in-game chat to communicate with each other. We are still finalizing the setup regarding comm usage - we want to make it as minimal as possible.

The entire campaign will last a month or more - taking place once a week, Saturday evenings.

We will be tracking tonnage and awarding medals according to each Skippers performance.

MP play is really fun, I encourage all SHIII players to explore this aspect of the game. We play at least two nights a week as a "team" and have an absolute blast.

I hope you decide to join us, you won't regret it! :up:

Cheers,

The_Pharoah
08-03-05, 12:14 AM
pls tell me you guys use RuB 1.42 (1.43 when it comes out)? :lol:

HuntingBot
08-03-05, 10:04 AM
Naw, we use stock 1.4b. Best for MP never causes any issues. RuB can cause issues when using Ubi.com's MP.

Audie
08-05-05, 06:32 PM
Yup, most MP play should be Mod Free ;)

But, believe me, it is a BLAST nonetheless! :up:

We sail tomorrow nite @ 9PM EST. Fire me an email at taw.audie@gmail.com if you'd like to sign up...

Danke!

Audie
08-08-05, 02:03 PM
Ahoy Gents!

Just a quick Update :)

We set sail on our first mission this past Saturday. There were 16 Skippers total - 8 per Flotilla.

We attacked convoys SC-7 and HX-79 with a mixture of Type VIIs and Type IX Boats.

The missions began with all Skippers departing from their repective bases. I can tell you that is was AWESOME to see the subs form up into a Wolfpack whilst leaving their pens. I hope to post some screenies shortly.

I highly encourage all to participate in this adventure. It adds a whole new dimension to the game.

We hope to cya on the High Seas! :up:

SteamWake
08-08-05, 02:10 PM
Very nice :up:

16 is a very nice start ! Congrats.

MonkeyHero
08-08-05, 03:15 PM
I'd really like to participate in one of these the next time one is held. Hopefully I won't be working again.

Audie
08-19-05, 09:12 AM
Ahoy Skippers,

Just an update...

We sail on Part II of our campaign Tomorrow Nite (Saturday 8/19) @ 9PM EST.

If you are interested in participating please email me at taw.audie@gmail.com - I'd be happy to get ya set up and issue orders to ya.

We hope to cya on the high seas!

Cheers,