PDA

View Full Version : Another nvidia-related problem?

Kafka
08-01-05, 10:32 AM
Hi all. I've seen a pretty weird occurrence, like the spray bug. When I view a target ship from anywhere really, binoculars, UZO or periscope, there's always a thich black line jutting out of the ship, most of the time this line is parallel with the waterline, sometimes it shoots out at an angle from the ship to the sky. If I move the mouse it temporarily disappears, but as soon as I center view on the target, there it is again. Very annoying, and it takes away from the game. I haven't seen anyone posting on this one, I wonder if anyone has experienced the same problem. Of course I use an nvidia video card.
Just make sure i have latest drivers? Or just save up and get a new video adapter? :cry:
K.

jason210
08-01-05, 11:20 AM
Which card is it?

Kafka
08-01-05, 06:46 PM
It's a Geforce FX 5200 (AGP 256MB)

Gammel
08-01-05, 07:11 PM
If you´re familar with driver installation/deinstallation
try out the some older version. (like 66.93 or earlier)

newer drivers are mostly optimized for latest cards
(like nvidia 6600 or even those 7800 monsters)
Maybe an older one is better for your card.

But please don´t blame me for wrecking your system, ;)
it´s always possible something goes wrong with that
driver stuff. If you´re XP user set a system restore point
before touching the system.

Also possible the error has nothing todo with the VGA driver at all.

Do you can tell your current driver version?

BobV_07
08-01-05, 10:05 PM
Yup, I had the same problem with my 5900XT. :roll:

http://img242.echo.cx/img242/9361/mesub6qj.jpg[/url]

HW3
08-01-05, 10:38 PM
Never had that problem with my 5600 ultra. :hmm:

Kafka
08-02-05, 05:37 AM
Yeah, supposedly I have latest geforce drivers installed, v 77.72, anyone can confirm that? Still using a 2000 Pro system, so no restore points for me. Cool, at least one person has seen this problem before...
I'm gonna upgrade to XP, reinstall and reconfigure the game, and see what happens then. Thanks for the info :up:

Gammel
08-02-05, 06:10 AM
that 4.34.20.27.00 number is the bios version number
of the card.

If you´re already have plans for a complete reinstall
you can safely try out different driver versions.
I would do that before upgrading to XP.
The drivers for win2000 and xp are the same.
I use 2k without any problems with sh3, but i´m ati user.

Here is a lift with nvidia drivers. Don´t worry, it´s a trusty side:
http://3dcenter.de/downloads/treiber-geforce-w2k.php

your card is first supportet by version 43.00 lower versions won´t work. Your first try should be the 45.33, the readme says something about a fixed flickering bug.

Good luck and excuse my bad english

Edit: Can someone tell Kafka how to find out his driver version number? My English is to poor to explain...
I´ll make a start:
right klick on desktop =>click on properties....

Kafka
08-02-05, 08:14 AM
Got it, Gammel. I got the BIOS version no problem, I have 4.34.20.27.00. I'll check the link you posted.
Nothing wrong with your English, dude
It's way way better than the English my fellow Amerikans speak and write around here, believe you me :up:

Duncan Idaho
08-02-05, 12:10 PM
Got it, Gammel. I got the BIOS version no problem, I have 4.34.20.27.00. I'll check the link you posted.
It's way way better than the English my fellow Amerikans speak and write around here, believe you me :up:

:rotfl:

It's a shame, but you are quite right there. U.S. Education has taken a back seat to just about EVERYTHING these days.

Kafka
08-02-05, 01:25 PM

:rotfl:

It's a shame, but you are quite right there. U.S. Education has taken a back seat to just about EVERYTHING these days.

Amen