PDA

View Full Version : How can I load a game saved in action after dead?

VanAlex
07-31-05, 01:18 PM
I had an extremelly frustrating moment...After sinking an entire convoy except for a small merchant....Including 3 C3s....I saved the game from the sea,"just in case" something bad happened before I returned to base.

I had a phone call and when I returned I was dead...Still I was thinking: "I'm glad I saved it..."

What the hell! When I go to the load menu, my saved game is not available, only saves from when I was in base!!

Is there any way to load that saved "in action" game???

Ultraboy
07-31-05, 02:49 PM
??? :hmm:

I can't figure out why your saved game wouldn't be there... Are you sure the last game on the list isn't an autosave by the game, in base, after you had died? I can't really remember how that works.

VanAlex
07-31-05, 03:32 PM
My last auto save game is the one after I died as you said....But between that and the autosave game that was done before I went on the mission, I saved a game during the mission.... That one is nowhere to be seen :(

jmaisc
08-03-05, 07:52 AM
Well, the best thing is to have a game save before going to battle.
Anyway, when you die the only option is abandon career, and it will wipe out your career, at least I think it does.
What I do to avoid deleting my career is use ALT+TAB to switch to windows desktop, then I use Ctrl+ALT+Del on Windows XP to call the Task Manager Window, then select the Processes window, and search for a process called SH3, select it and use the End Process button. This will kill the SH3 and return to desktop. After that I start SH3 again, go to careers, and select saved careers and choose my last save game, and there you are in the same game ready to battle again.

Duncan Idaho
08-03-05, 07:56 AM
Anyway, when you die the only option is abandon career, and it will wipe out your career, at least I think it does.

Hmm, I think you might be wrong there, you can still go back and reload saves after hitting abandon career. I did it once after getting called away and returning to find I'd hit a C3 and sunk, my career wasn't wiped out. (I thought I hit pause when I left, but either I did but it didn't take, or I hit the wrong button heheh)

jmaisc
08-03-05, 10:02 AM
Duncan,

I tried (comit suicide :P and abandon career), and you are right, things remain there and the only option not available is "continue career", but you still can access to saved career games.
I just use the task manager option because I was not sure about what the game will do if I hit the button.

Duncan Idaho
08-03-05, 10:04 AM
Heheh, guess I was brave when I tried it. ;)

VanAlex
08-03-05, 10:05 AM
Well, at least I know what to do next time :(

But losing a saved game where I sank 2 destroyers, 3 C3 Cargos a bunch of C2s, a few tankers, and only left alive only small merchant....Very sad.

Cheers

Someone should do a trainer to change this save system.