PDA

View Full Version : wheres the best cloud and sky mod?

Dagger U-539
07-25-05, 04:58 PM
I;m looking to change the feel.The hi res moon is sweet,now to change the sky and clouds some.

CCIP
07-25-05, 07:07 PM
Try Ail's latest sky mod if you liked the hi-res moon :up:

Col7777
08-06-05, 06:24 AM
I've just been working on some new clouds for the sim, so far I've had varied results, some clouds were very good others not so good.
It seems there are only 2 types of cloud in the sim, yet Ail's mod has 3, I'm wondering if it reads the 3rd one, if so will it accept more?
If you view directly above yourself in the sim, you will notice the clouds seem to generate or degenerate through a hole right above you.
This is very similar to what CB achieved in SH2 by adding speed to the static clouds, I also think the speed to these clouds in SH3 is a bit too fast.
You can set the weather/clouds to change at a minimum of 2 hours but I haven't yet noticed the change even after 3 hours, I'm still experimenting.

Col7777
08-08-05, 01:42 PM
Sorry to bump this one up, I recently responded to this oldish thread, I wondered if anyone had any remarks or ideas about my above post, I did PM Ail but as yet he hasn't responded.

Col7777
08-11-05, 02:48 AM
I created a test mission for something else but during that mission, after 3 hours the weather changed. It started off with the scattered cloud then it turned to overcast plus the wind increased from 5 knots to 12.
One funny thing though, I went to map view and did a TC x 32, when I returned to the bridge at normal time the crew were in rain gear but the watch officer wasn't.

Kpt. Lehmann
08-12-05, 12:47 PM
Thanks for your PM Col7777.

Man I wish I could take a month off of work and turn off the phones. I'm learning things so quickly my brain is starting to spill!

I must learn to experiment with one thing at a time.

Col7777
08-12-05, 02:00 PM
I blame CB. :-j

I met CB a few years ago on another forum, we often swapped ideas, a few from me and many from him.
Any way he got me tinkering with this and that, sometimes we uncovered a gem other times we spent hours/days/weeks/months on something only to find it didn't work, but we tried.
I have had test missions for this and test missions for that, sometimes I/we get a brainwave and go to work on another test, then there is a test mission for something else. :)
When SH3 got released, I said to myself, "I'm not going to tinker with it, I'll let someone else do it." But here I am at it again, a leopard doesn't change it's spots as they say. :)

I still blame CB, I'm only a learner compared to him. :)