PDA

View Full Version : The convoy scattering bug

vils
07-21-05, 04:42 PM
Is there yet any workaround for this?

In real life convoys only scattered after hvy severly damaged, thus not possible to scatter a convoy with just 1 uboat. Therefore, no convoys should scatter at all in the game, and i wonder if it is possible to prevent this.

The main issue as a result is the trafficjams that occurs, and the DD's in the convoy has to take evasive action, stop dead, or even back out. This takes time, and when they can finally chase you, you are long gone!

Its like 75% of all DD's in any convoy becomes totally useless.

Very unrealistic.

Note: also, IRL convoys zigged back and forth after a scheme set up before hand, OR whenever the commander of the convoy made orders for it.

Seaboy
07-22-05, 10:38 AM
I never noticed a big problem. Maybe cause I did cause heavy damage to my convoys. The DDs act according to their ability rating - some are normal and some are expert. People tell me that with patch 1.4 all DDs become expert. I wouldn't know since at that period I was only playing personal built levels with all DDs set to expert.

Syxx_Killer
07-22-05, 10:58 AM
I've seen the convoys scatter a couple times. I'm not sure what causes it. Most of the times I have seen it, it was stormy out so maybe that had something to do with it.