PDA

View Full Version : STAY DOWN, BASTA-... hrmm...

Ula Jolly
07-17-05, 10:02 AM
I'm making a new MP mission which I'm hoping to try out in not way too long (this damned connection is as unsteady as a fish in a Fokker!), which among other things include a Delta-IV SSBN. This sub has got to stay down. I mean DOWN, it must never go up to report anything! I often see that submarines do surface (or PD to radio) to report their oh-so-bloody important messages to me, when I want them to stay stealthy. Any way to assure this?

Fish
07-17-05, 01:57 PM
Last time I was in a Fokker (F27-200) it was very steady. :hmm:

Ula Jolly
07-17-05, 02:47 PM
Last time I was in a Fokker (F27-200) it was very steady. :hmm:
But were you? :arrgh!:

MaHuJa
07-17-05, 03:08 PM
I'm making a new MP mission which I'm hoping to try out in not way too long (this damned connection is as unsteady as a fish in a Fokker!), which among other things include a Delta-IV SSBN. This sub has got to stay down. I mean DOWN, it must never go up to report anything! I often see that submarines do surface (or PD to radio) to report their oh-so-bloody important messages to me, when I want them to stay stealthy. Any way to assure this?

Does the scripts "set depth" override this behaviour? If not, there are only two options left:

1) Changing the doctrines - and making the user load these doctrines for your particular mission
2) Exploit whatever makes the sub "tooBusyForComms" in the doctrines. (Is the "track target", which could be done on a bio in the area, an option?)

JoGary(sco)
07-19-05, 03:13 PM
If you use the set septh script and put in a very long time in the time box then it should stay down.