PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing skins mod

Grifter808
07-16-05, 07:58 PM
2. For users with SH3 installed to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII, or any other location on Drive C. Place the SilentHunterIII folder in drive C:\, NOT C:\Program Files or your Silent Hunter III directory. Place the MVP folder in your Silent Hunter III root directory. Find the shortcut to the batch file in the MVP folder and paste it to your desktop. To load a batch of skins you must click on this shortcut and then close the command prompt window entirely after it finishes copying the skins - do not allow SH3.exe to run. Then go to the C:\SilentHunterIII directory that you created. You should see a randomly generated batch of properly-named skins in each individual unit folder. Transfer the folders' contents to the data\sea folder of your real SH3 installation.
IMPORTANT:
If you have WindowsXP you can select all the folders with your mouse and then copy and paste them to your SilentHunterIII\data\sea folder, since only the existing tga's will be overwritten. You will be warned that any files with similar names will be replaced; click OK. If you do NOT have Windows XP you may need to copy and paste the tga's to each folder separately instead of pasting them en masse. This is because other operating systems may replace the unit folders in their entirety when they are pasted into the data\sea folder. You will then be stuck with the new tga's in otherwise empty folders without the .dat and .sim files needed to run the game, and will need to reinstall the program. If your OS does NOT give the warning that files with similar names alone will be replaced you must paste all the individual tga's to each of the unit folders separately, without pasting any of the folders.
As in the previous installation method, you can alt-tab out of SH3 from the game's main menu in order to load new skins. Again, do not allow the batch file to load Sh3.exe; when the batch file finishes copying tga's and you're prompted to press any key to continue, simply close the command prompt window and maximize SH3 again.

Please help me. I placed the SilentHunterIII folder (which came with the mod download) in C:\, but for some reason it doesn't show up. So I tried extracting the folder to C:\, but all it did was put NKC3.tga and NPPLD.tga in it directly.

I then put the MVP folder in Program Files/Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII and put the shortcut to the batch file on my desktop, just like it says. But all that happens when I click it is a window pops up and that it "couldn't find the path specified."

I have Windows XP. What am I doing wrong?