PDA

View Full Version : Weather Data

R Hardman
07-14-05, 02:51 AM
I been logging the weather data from the last 2 1/2 patrols. Here are the results. Please keep in mind this is early data and I'm hoping to find out if weather patterns and types can be more variable and quicker. No weather mods applied. One thing I did notice is that once the weather starts changing there is period up to 6 hours that the wind speed and wind direction changes in small amounts before it sets in. Again this is only after 2/12 patrols so I will be getting better data after more patrols. That's if I make it back to port!

Avg time for weather to change - 30.8 Hours
Fastest - 21 hours
Longest - 102 Hours

Types of Weather

Clouds Precip Fog Wind
CLR None Light 0
CLR None Light 8
CLR None Light 9
CLR None Light 10
CLR None Light 15
CLR None None 0
CLR None None 1
CLR None None 2
CLR None None 5
CLR None None 6
CLR None None 10
CLR None None 15
OVR Heavy Heavy 7
OVR None Light 10
OVR None Light 15
OVR None Medium 6
OVR None Medium 7
OVR None Medium 8
OVR None Medium 11
OVR None Medium 13
OVR None Medium 15
PTL None Light 0
PTL None Light 5
PTL None Light 6
PTL None Light 7
PTL None Light 9
PTL None Light 15

Egan
07-14-05, 11:38 AM
Has anyone noticed if the weather patterns pay the slightest heed to either seasonal or geographical conditions?

My experience so far is that your are just as likely to get weeks of perfect conditions in the winter as the summer..

gonzman
07-14-05, 11:50 AM
I've been trying to find out if i am in Winter all the days of the year because i always get the 300m visibility fog, at least for a few days per patrol it seems...

Very big pain!

Jungman
07-14-05, 03:15 PM
Season, no.

Geo, yes somewhat. Go into the North Sea (Artic Sea Zone and the wind usually jumps right up). There is only three sea zones though.

Weather is set about 2 day cycle. If you reload a patrol, the weather 'timer' is reset back to zero and you will continue to get more of the same if you are in a steady state (non-transistional condition).

So those that reload a savegame to get the perfect one shot kill, are going to get weather that never changes....

SabreHawk
07-14-05, 03:23 PM
Has anyone noticed if the weather patterns pay the slightest heed to either seasonal or geographical conditions?

My experience so far is that your are just as likely to get weeks of perfect conditions in the winter as the summer..

Ya know, I been pondering this same question. And well, after much thought, and looking thru the campaign files, and the mission editor I have decided that it is completely random.
So no, I dont think it follows any real world pattern, but just throws the dice every 5hrs and whatever comes up is what you get.
That's why I think that we are all getting such varied patterns from one player to the next, and why some patrols can have almost no changes at all, and the next one be changing every few hours like my last patrol, heck I even caugh it changing once while in real time and I'd never seen that happen before ( and it was cool!)

R Hardman
07-14-05, 03:44 PM
Season, no.

Geo, yes somewhat. Go into the North Sea (Artic Sea Zone and the wind usually jumps right up). There is only three sea zones though.

Weather is set about 2 day cycle. If you reload a patrol, the weather 'timer' is reset back to zero and you will continue to get more of the same if you are in a steady state (non-transistional condition).

So those that reload a savegame to get the perfect one shot kill, are going to get weather that never changes....

I'm also tracking by what grid I'm in and the Date/Time of observation, so if I make it to October 43 I will have compiled 1 years worth of weather. We may be surprised or could find no relation what so ever to seasons/zones. As to reloading a saved game you are correct. For instance, if the weather changed on day one and you saved and exit around two game days later, then load that saved game, the weather will change around the 3rd day after you loaded so for that particular weather pattern the total would be 5-6 days game time being the same.