PDA

View Full Version : Nationality Mod

irishred
07-07-05, 01:27 PM
Serg: Is there a limit of how many nations can be added to the game?

sergbuto
07-07-05, 02:08 PM
If there is any I am not aware of that.

Shadow9216
07-07-05, 03:52 PM
Okay, I've created entries for the 9 nations Serg's nationality mod added. Good news and Bad news...
Good news: As long as you've created a roster entry with warships, they'll show up in the ID book (even if you haven't created a RecManual entry yet :D )

Bad news: I can't figure out the font and effect used on the RecManual tga's...however, I came up with what I think is suitable- it looks pretty close, and/or I can change the existing tga's to match.

If anyone wants to see them, preview, maybe gimme some feedback and/or the specific font info, let me know.

Serg, when these are finished I wonder if you'd like to bundle the RecManual tga's and the modified DefSide.cfg file to the nationality mod? I figure players can adjust the additional fleets to their liking for now.

larsen
07-08-05, 06:10 AM
Yugoslavia Neutral until 6/4/41
Allied until 17/4/41
Axis (or even not existing) until 8/5/45
Romania Neutral until 21/6/41
Axis until 8/44
Allied thereafter (they joined Red Army)
Turkey Neutral all war long
Finland Neutral until 25/6/41
Axis until 19/9/44
Neutral on then

antidotos
07-08-05, 06:36 AM
Yugoslavia ceased to exist but there was a pronazi state in Croatia.
Much of the coast was under Italian control.

sergbuto
07-08-05, 06:51 AM
Serg, when these are finished I wonder if you'd like to bundle the RecManual tga's and the modified DefSide.cfg file to the nationality mod? I figure players can adjust the additional fleets to their liking for now.

Sure. Although, I am planning on the expansion of this to include a few more countries.

sergbuto
07-08-05, 06:53 AM
Yugoslavia Neutral until 6/4/41
Allied until 17/4/41
Axis (or even not existing) until 8/5/45
Romania Neutral until 21/6/41
Axis until 8/44
Allied thereafter (they joined Red Army)
Turkey Neutral all war long
Finland Neutral until 25/6/41
Axis until 19/9/44
Neutral on then

Turkey joined Allies in 1944 or 1945. Do not remember exactly.

Shadow9216
07-08-05, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the dates guys!
My research for Turkey and Finland showed that Turkey was allied with Britain and France until the fall of France, then it became neutral til late war. Finland fought with Germany til the Russians eventually overcame them, then they switched sides and fought the Germans, chasing the last German troops out in April 1945.

The Balkans was the area I needed help- which you all provided.

Serg, could you give me a hint on what countries you plan to add? I'll add them to my DefSide file.

Also...
I've added roundels for Finnish, Spanish, Brazilian and Mexican aircraft. I'm considering adding them for others. Some of these are accurate (Brazil had some Catalinas for example) and some aren't- but perhaps some fervent nationalists out there want to "soup up" their country's presence in the war, or create a "what if" kind of thing, so this gives them the option.

larsen
07-08-05, 09:13 AM
Mmmm... When I wrote these dates I assumed Allied meant 'in war against Axis' and Axis 'in war against Allies and/or USSR'. If you sink a Turk ship at any time during the war it should be considered a Neutral...

sergbuto
07-08-05, 09:48 AM
Yes, Turkey declared war against Germany when they joined Allies in 44-45.

larsen
07-08-05, 09:50 AM
OK, wasn't aware of that...

Shadow9216
07-08-05, 09:58 AM
Mmmm... When I wrote these dates I assumed Allied meant 'in war against Axis' and Axis 'in war against Allies and/or USSR'. If you sink a Turk ship at any time during the war it should be considered a Neutral...

Interesting point. Although Turkey was "allied" with Britain and France, I can't seem to find anything that says they ever issued a declaration of war against Germany. In fact, Germany signed an agreement not to attack Turkey in June 1941. So they should be neutral until 1944, despite their treaties with different participants at different times.

sergbuto
07-08-05, 12:01 PM
Serg, could you give me a hint on what countries you plan to add? I'll add them to my DefSide file.

So far, the list is Ireland or Irish, Belgium, Denmark, and Panama.

Drebbel
07-08-05, 12:07 PM
Yes, Turkey declared war against Germany when they joined Allies in 44-45.

Turkey declared war on Germany and Japan on 23 February 1945.

Sawdust
07-08-05, 06:10 PM
Turkey declared war on Germany and Japan on 23 February 1945.
Well, better late than never.