PDA

View Full Version : Merchant Variety Pack, Early War Edition Released

Deep Six
07-07-05, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the update Woof.... :)

Looking forward to It's release....

Thanks for the hard work in making it....

Deep Six

Woof1701
07-08-05, 03:10 AM
@Deep Six

Progress is good. Managed to update the readme file and the backup procedure yesterday, and Avon Lady was kind enough to test. A few little tweaks and we'll be done.

999-Jay-999
07-08-05, 03:33 AM
RIGHT ON.......................thats great to hear...

So all us D:/GAMES/SH3 installers be able to use this with the randomiser too ?

Woof1701
07-08-05, 05:38 AM
RIGHT ON.......................thats great to hear...

So all us D:/GAMES/SH3 installers be able to use this with the randomiser too ?

Absolutely.

JScones
07-16-05, 10:03 PM
Gorgeous. I wonder Beery's new 'SHIII Commander' can be used to trade them out at the proper time? Whether or not it can, I'll be using those beautiful ships.
Yes it can. I don't use MVP, but I'm sure someone can build it into SH3 Commander by following my comments in http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=357154#357154

nattydread
08-06-05, 03:35 PM
ok Im confused still. Does the 1.1 installer install the MVP1.0 or is the 1.1 installer just required to install the seperate MVP 1.0 install?

Is there a new MVP 1.0 version? Does the New Mid/Late war insatll require the 1.1 installer?

I want this mod, but I wont risk frying my campaign...I need to be absolutly certain.

Woof1701
08-06-05, 06:03 PM
ok Im confused still. Does the 1.1 installer install the MVP1.0 or is the 1.1 installer just required to install the seperate MVP 1.0 install?

Is there a new MVP 1.0 version? Does the New Mid/Late war insatll require the 1.1 installer?

I want this mod, but I wont risk frying my campaign...I need to be absolutly certain.

Don't worry. There's no risk frying the campaign, since changes in texture do not affect the campaign in the least.

The installer I made (newest one is 1.2) so far only works with the Early War Edition. As soon as I get the time (God knows when, since I didn't have time yet to have a look at the newest skins) I'll include the Late War Package and the brand new skins for Sergbuto's Commerce Raider and Transport Ship as well.

I don't know what you mean by the rest of your question. However, download the whole thing and take a look at Avon Lady's excellent and very comprehensive readme file, and if something's still unclear I'll try to clarify. :) Good hunting

iambecomelife
08-06-05, 06:44 PM

Don't worry. There's no risk frying the campaign, since changes in texture do not affect the campaign in the least.

The installer I made (newest one is 1.2) so far only works with the Early War Edition. As soon as I get the time (God knows when, since I didn't have time yet to have a look at the newest skins) I'll include the Late War Package and the brand new skins for Sergbuto's Commerce Raider and Transport Ship as well.

I don't know what you mean by the rest of your question. However, download the whole thing and take a look at Avon Lady's excellent and very comprehensive readme file, and if something's still unclear I'll try to clarify. :) Good hunting

That's right. If you don't want to risk using the batch file (which doesn't always work with Win XP) rename the skins manually and put them in the data\sea folders. Instructions for naming them are in the readme files. The MVP isn't risky, so I say go for it. Even if you have NO textures for the ships and you try to play it won't crash your game or anything - you'll just get blank white 3d models.