PDA

View Full Version : SetKeys 1.3 keymapper is ready

Nopileo
07-07-05, 02:09 PM
I've assigned 'Get depth under sub keel' to 'Shift-D' with a tick mark in 'Carried out by crew', and that works good. I think this last part is overlooked by many. Remember to check that if it's a command normally carried out by your crew.

For example I have Propulsion recharge and Propulsion standard set to Shift-R and Shift-S, respectively, both with a tick mark in 'Carried out by crew'.

Same with WE commands like Ctrl-I for 'Identify target' and Ctrl-S for 'Solution to target'. Always check 'Carried out by crew' in SetKeys.

Hope this helps.

fallenone
07-08-05, 02:07 AM
i tested it with both : with "carried out by crew" and without it. changed nothing for me.
But i will try to test this a little bit more with other keys than the numpad one's.

cavalier889
07-09-05, 12:17 PM
Strange Problem for me.
I'm on a German Keyboard, and wanted to remap the numpad keys to get depth, man deck&flack gun, and man watch.
i tried 1 , 2 and 3 with clicking
and 4 , 5, 6 with pressing the key.
After a save and a load of shIII nothing happens.

I must say i worked with Jones M. E. and copyed the german and english files into "the right" dir. Picked them with Setkeys. So Enalbed my new "mod" and than load SHIII.

Nothing changed.

Should i work on the original files or is it a generaly problem with the numpads?

Hmm. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that you need to have numlock on when using the .cfg ingame, since the keys all have different meanings without it. If you click the buttons, it should map the codes as if the numlock is on. Unless there are more than one German keyboard type, it should work. Also, make sure that if you are moving files around and using the mod enabler, that the file is getting back into the right directory.

cavalier889
07-17-05, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry guys, I've been up to my eyeballs in school programming. Anything you've sent me willl be implemented after August 4, the end of the semester. I haven't stopped supporting this app! Remember, that it is an intellegent app, and will still read and write 1.4 files. If you have troubles, I need you to clue me in. Thanks!!

fallenone
07-18-05, 01:37 AM
Don't hit me. I found out, that SH3 has not used the german File for Standard. I would call this a "you told me that i want german but i still use the english keyfile." I had to change this in the options.
Know everthing works fine. :rock:

_alphaBeta_
07-18-05, 09:12 PM
What exactly are the functions of "repeat" and "performed by crew?" I see this mentioned in the help and readme, but not explained.

Is there also a way to keymap the report the CE gives (the gauges)? I don't see this listed under the available commands.

cavalier889
07-30-05, 10:42 PM
What exactly are the functions of "repeat" and "performed by crew?" I see this mentioned in the help and readme, but not explained.

Is there also a way to keymap the report the CE gives (the gauges)? I don't see this listed under the available commands.

Hi! I had to come up for air for a minute; I only have 3 more school programs to code, and I'm free for a few weeks (whew!)

The repeat tells the program that as long as the key is depressed, it should continue to send that signal as a pulse to the game. Performed by crew is a little more cryptic, inthat sometimes it does something and sometimes it doesn't. Usually, it means that the crew will acknowledge the order. As for the CE gauge report, I've looked for that in the commands, and I don't think it is mappable. There has to be a command first, and I've never found one. I'd be glad to know if it's there somewhere ;)

Hope that helps!

_alphaBeta_
08-01-05, 09:29 PM
Thanks! :up:

cavalier889
08-04-05, 09:05 PM
Thanks! :up:
Glad I could help. :)

Now I just have to look through the program and get re-aquanted with it. All the school programs have had my attention for so long, I have to relearn the code! Up-comming is the total German conversion, and the Swedish keyboard. I think that I'll have the German version ready next week as version 1.31, and I'll hopefully have the Swedish ready for testing by that weekend. I have about 3 weeks before classes start again, so any fixes/addons/suggestions should be voiced now while I have some time!

Average Joe
08-06-05, 02:47 AM
cavalier889,

Ohoy! Finally tried your Setkeys v1.3 tonight, what a slick program! Very-very easy to use; it took about

15 minutes to create 15 single crew-type commands.

Took a while to try Setkeys, but knew I would, if only for a single key-command to get weather-reports

:sunny:

Two things I'm wondering...

A single key-command for 'Maximum Range at Current Speed' is nice! I lucked-out finding this one. I think

it's listed as 'Report Time to Turn' in the Setkeys program. All other commands I had no trouble finding.
____

Is there an easy way to explain how to map 2 commands into a single key-stroke?

For instance, I mapped the following 2 commands as single event AA-Flak commands:

(WO is on deck of the sub)

(Crew) CTRL A (x41) 'Man the Flak Gun'

(Crew) CTRL F (x46) 'AAGuns Fire at Will'

Both commands work fine as single commands.

I'd like to use 'CTL-A' to run both commands. How do I map the 2 commands to 'CTL-A' ?

I have tried many things but can't figure it out.

cavalier889
08-22-05, 02:39 PM
cavalier889,

Ohoy! Finally tried your Setkeys v1.3 tonight, what a slick program! Very-very easy to use; it took about

15 minutes to create 15 single crew-type commands.

Took a while to try Setkeys, but knew I would, if only for a single key-command to get weather-reports

:sunny:

Two things I'm wondering...

A single key-command for 'Maximum Range at Current Speed' is nice! I lucked-out finding this one. I think

it's listed as 'Report Time to Turn' in the Setkeys program. All other commands I had no trouble finding.
____

Is there an easy way to explain how to map 2 commands into a single key-stroke?

For instance, I mapped the following 2 commands as single event AA-Flak commands:

(WO is on deck of the sub)

(Crew) CTRL A (x41) 'Man the Flak Gun'

(Crew) CTRL F (x46) 'AAGuns Fire at Will'

Both commands work fine as single commands.

I'd like to use 'CTL-A' to run both commands. How do I map the 2 commands to 'CTL-A' ?

I have tried many things but can't figure it out.

I'm glad you are enjoying the program, and I'm sorry I hadn't responded earlier- this thread dropped quite a ways. :)

Sorry about the cryptic command names. The program just uses the title provided by the devs in the .cfg file. There are many that I don't understand either :roll:

Mapping several commands to one keystroke is simplicity itself. Just pick each command you want in your macro, and attach the same keystroke to each one using the keyselector. In red at the top of the keyselector window, up to three of those commands will be be listed as redundant. That's what you want to see.

Good luck!

Average Joe
08-25-05, 01:33 AM
cavalier889, thanks for responding. I read a few posts back, you're very busy! :)

The thing that confused me; assigning a single key-stroke for 2 commands, 'Man the AA guns', and 'Fire at Long-Range.

It works fine, but the crew first states, 'Fire at Long Range', then to 'Man the AA guns'.

I can't reverse the crew-orders, (Man AA guns 1st, then Fire Long-Range 2nd), but it doesn't matter because the command works fine.

The other confusing thing was to assign multiple key-commands ('Edit map' / Map-1, Map-2, 3, etc.). I figured why bother with this, since my custom commands were already assigned to single key-commands. Then it finally clicked!

For instance, I had (or made) single key-maps for 'return to course', 'full down-periscope', 'surface the boat' and 'weather report'. To combine all commands to a new keystroke, -that's- when I needed to add some redundant keystrokes, using the 'Edit Map' Map-1, Map-2 option. It's a very nice feature.

I see there's 286 commands available, and only 181 are mapped. Time to look around for more keys and shortcut commands.

This is a very slick and well thought-out program. Did you create Setkeys on your own? If you're still in school, it might be a really good idea to pursue a career in custom coding/programming applications. :know:

(When in school, I probably spent too much time picking my nose, and staring at girls! :-j )

Thanks again.

p.s. does anyone know if there's a Command Name to display the 'Battery-Oxegen-Co2' screen? If not I'll try one of the slide-out mods.

cavalier889
08-25-05, 11:19 PM
cavalier889, thanks for responding. I read a few posts back, you're very busy! :)

The thing that confused me; assigning a single key-stroke for 2 commands, 'Man the AA guns', and 'Fire at Long-Range.

It works fine, but the crew first states, 'Fire at Long Range', then to 'Man the AA guns'.

I can't reverse the crew-orders, (Man AA guns 1st, then Fire Long-Range 2nd), but it doesn't matter because the command works fine.

The other confusing thing was to assign multiple key-commands ('Edit map' / Map-1, Map-2, 3, etc.). I figured why bother with this, since my custom commands were already assigned to single key-commands. Then it finally clicked!

For instance, I had (or made) single key-maps for 'return to course', 'full down-periscope', 'surface the boat' and 'weather report'. To combine all commands to a new keystroke, -that's- when I needed to add some redundant keystrokes, using the 'Edit Map' Map-1, Map-2 option. It's a very nice feature.

I see there's 286 commands available, and only 181 are mapped. Time to look around for more keys and shortcut commands.

This is a very slick and well thought-out program. Did you create Setkeys on your own? If you're still in school, it might be a really good idea to pursue a career in custom coding/programming applications. :know:

(When in school, I probably spent too much time picking my nose, and staring at girls! :-j )

Thanks again.

p.s. does anyone know if there's a Command Name to display the 'Battery-Oxegen-Co2' screen? If not I'll try one of the slide-out mods.

I'm glad you got it to work. :up:

There are quite a few unmapped commands, and there are some that don't seem to do anything. One thing to be careful about is changing the movement commands. The are a little strange, and fairly complex. Always back up!

As far as I can see, there is no command for the battery-oxygen-co2 screen, unfortunately. The slideout mods are great though ;)

I did create SetKeys myself, and thank you. I actually am in the computer programming program, with a side of networking. I'm to old to stare at the little girls in this college (young enough to be my daughters, most of them), and not old enough to start picking my nose in public. :lol:

Feel free to post further questions or comments!