PDA

View Full Version : Mission Editor Feature Requests

inetd
07-30-05, 08:12 AM
- Map: Proper modeling of important canals: The Bosporus, Suez Canal and Panama Canal are not modeled correctly in the game.

- Be able to choose sonobuoys (DICASS, DIFAR, VLAD) in the "detect by with" trigger doctrine.

(e.g. I'd like to create a mission where the player must not be detected by the target. Works for OS=Sub. If OS=Orion, subsurface contact will never detect OS, regardless of active sonobuoys in the water.) As far as I know, the way it works now a contact detected by a sonobuoy is not considered a contact at all in this doctrine.

- I haven't found out how to view the USNI reference when using the editor. Is it possible at all? Would be nice for example to look up maximum speed and weapon ranges.

Ula Jolly
07-30-05, 09:50 AM
Concerning USNI in editor: Choose the platform, and press Alt+I :D

Fish
07-30-05, 09:57 AM
Perhaps a checkbox concerning the playable plattforms where you can remove the plattform in game if it isnt played by a human. The current entry in the Doctrine Language only works well for SP but not for Multiplayer.

This a known issue. see:
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=29696

Cap'n Blake
08-17-05, 04:38 AM
Hopefully we see these annoying issues fixed in 1.02 patch...

davejb
10-23-05, 03:57 PM
Be able to choose sonobuoys (DICASS, DIFAR, VLAD) in the "detect by with" trigger doctrine

Seconded - had me baffled, still does really, why all platforms sensors aren't selectable here - an MPA hunting nukes will be using passive sonobuoys, so without the ability to trigger on detection using them all the MPA's in the scenario are basically just there for decoration if you use task them sensibly.

Dave

darksythe
10-23-05, 10:43 PM
I thought we had this disscussion a while ago....
ah well what the hey it was a good one. lol.
so here goes my request

On User Action.