PDA

View Full Version : Return To Base

max-peck
07-07-17, 03:48 PM
Any chance we can get an order to RTB a bit more often?

I have only gotten it once, and that seemed to be when I had absolutely no Mark 48's left at all

I would prefer to have at least a chance of getting it when I am down to about 25% torpedoes

I have just been tasked with sinking a surface group and I have only two Mark 48's and a Harpoon left

I know I could return to Holy Loch to re-arm - but these missions seem to be time critical - and whenever I have done this in the past I have always missed my mission target

And yes - before anyone says it - I know BDU says "Be More Aggressive" :03::arrgh!:

Steiger
07-07-17, 04:01 PM
There are two categories of medals: by tonnage per patrol, and total cumulative over the war. From a design standpoint, I think they hold you off from RTB as long as possible since the medals that are directly tied to your tonnage per patrol would become unattainable with too frequent RTB's. Returning to port ends your patrol, and stops your tonnage count. Once you put to sea again, the counter starts again from zero. Nowadays I just RTB at Captain's discretion anyway. It's your boat, it's your call. The worst they can do is "BE MORE AGGRESSIVE! hugs and kisses, love BdU"

Happy sinking (at your discretion.) :arrgh!:

Wiz33
07-07-17, 04:24 PM
Any chance we can get an order to RTB a bit more often?

I have only gotten it once, and that seemed to be when I had absolutely no Mark 48's left at all

I would prefer to have at least a chance of getting it when I am down to about 25% torpedoes

I have just been tasked with sinking a surface group and I have only two Mark 48's and a Harpoon left

I know I could return to Holy Loch to re-arm - but these missions seem to be time critical - and whenever I have done this in the past I have always missed my mission target

And yes - before anyone says it - I know BDU says "Be More Aggressive" :03::arrgh!:

As the commander. It's your judgement call to RTB and reload. If you happen to miss a mission because of it. Such is the nature of war.

max-peck
07-07-17, 04:33 PM
Nowadays I just RTB at Captain's discretion anyway. It's your boat, it's your call. The worst they can do is "BE MORE AGGRESSIVE! hugs and kisses, love BdU"

Happy sinking (at your discretion.) :arrgh!:

As the commander. It's your judgement call to RTB and reload. If you happen to miss a mission because of it. Such is the nature of war.

Alright - well that seems fair enough I guess

Guess I will just Keep Calm and Cary On :salute: