PDA

View Full Version : Version 1.06 Beta Available

Killerfish Games
07-01-17, 09:18 AM
Version 1.05 beta is now available. This version contains fixes to the campaigns in order to continue to resolve the most major and disruptive issues. It also contains the first draft of crew voices which were provided courtesy of subsim.com

To opt in to the beta:
Right click the Cold Waters in Steam library, go to properties and you should have new "BETAS" tab added, then use the pulldown to select the beta you would like to opt into -leave the early access code empty- and the new update should download. When you run the game the version number should read version 1.05.

Version 1.05
1 Jul 17

General
Opening Help in After Action Report no longer opens mini-map which breaks subsequent Back button
Removed legacy WeaponName and WeaponDescription fields from weapons.txt
Removed legacy RADARID field from sensors.txt
aircraft.txt stats modified (additional weapons added later when combat balanced better)
Juliette designation corrected to SSG
Added date to Single Missions descriptions
default/hud/default.txt added MissionMarkerColorInsertion and MissionMarkerColorLandStrike variables
Added new optional variable to mission files, MissionPositionColor=LAND_STRIKE to colour deployment zone marker based on mission type
Added missing MaxPitchAngle=25 variable to MK37 in weapons.txt
Added temporary LogVoiceVolume=1 parameter to default/hud/default.txt (set to 0 to disable voices)
Voice talent added to credits

Combat
Player speed no longer defaults to emergency back if reactor offline when changing speed
Moving in reverse now generates noise in Signature panel display correctly
Back Emergency increases noise rather than decreasing it below All Stop
Sunk vessels no longer detected by player ESM
Sunk vessels no longer perform surface or air radar checks
Sunk vessels no longer ping with active sonar
Opening Help in periscope view forces periscope view closed
Fixed a bug where negative ballast not applied if player sub riding too high in the water, prevented submerging
default/hud/default.txt added [ESM Meter] colour variables to aid readability of ESM meter
Switching a wire guided torpedo from passive to active now works
Fixed towed array calculations for AI vessels
Crew voices added to audio/voices folder and implemented
Anechoic coating decreases active torpedo sensor range by 50%
Reference manual now opens to current signature profile
Spec Ops team now deploys at under 5 knots, rather than at stop
Increased TLAM cruise altitude to 300 to assist with terrain avoidance
TLAM homing in on target (activate in red circle) now provides log message
Land strike complete message displayed in log once all required TLAMs homing (activate in red circle)
Mini-map display now correctly offset when bottom left panel is moved by editing default/hud/default.txt
Enemy surface ships no longer deploy chaff or fire CIWS guns at land attacking missiles

Campaign
MapTimeCompression set globally and synced with pausing, briefings, summary, events, campaign menu, new sub assignment and campaign end
Port reload/unload/Spec Ops time required labels corrected for difficulty level modifiers
Verified subsystem displayed repair times take into account difficulty level modifiers
campaign_data.txt CampaignPoints and CampaignStart points values doubled for both campaigns to increase their length
Fixed a possible mismatch of player weapons in tubes which might cause some downstream bugs
Restructured EndLevel() in attempt to minimise impact of unknown bug
Fixed a bug where missing a mission caused all subsequent radio messages to state failed, even if won
Corrected all LAND_STRIKE missions to require 8 weapons fired at deployment zone
New Holy Loch background added for both campaigns
Fixed a bug where entering combat near/between two (or more) ports broke mission (blank blue underwater screen)
Fixed a bug where null minefields were trying to be checked with nav sonar
Campaign summary now correctly tracks completed land strike and insertion missions
Exit mission menu now displays whether land strike or insertion mission is complete

TheCabal
07-01-17, 09:20 AM
Thanks guys! Keep up the good work. :salute: BTW Is it fpschazly's voice?? So similar...

Killerfish Games
07-01-17, 09:23 AM
Well spotted, check out the Credits :Kaleun_Wink:

Miderashi
07-01-17, 09:57 AM
Good job Gentlemen and thank you for your reactivity. Cordially

609_Avatar
07-01-17, 11:19 AM
Very nice! Thanks. Have only had a little time with it so far but I really like what I'm seeing!! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

MBot
07-01-17, 11:36 AM
Very nice, thanks a lot.

I am not sure if you are already aware of this, but AI subs detect passive torpedoes that are activated in their baffles.

Nippelspanner
07-01-17, 11:45 AM
Very nice, thanks a lot.

I am not sure if you are already aware of this, but AI subs detect passive torpedoes that are activated in their baffles.
What AI subs specifically?

Steiger
07-01-17, 02:28 PM
Did you guys make any changes that would directly break either the Russian Subs mod or the LA Flight 2/3 mod?

BTW, love that the voices are in the game. They do need some cleaning up (I know they're placeholders at the moment) but still very cool and can't wait for the final product!

Julhelm
07-01-17, 03:00 PM
Always assume any new patch will break previous mods.

letterboy1
07-01-17, 05:18 PM
I love where you guys are going with the added voices. Even though it's a beta version, it is already a lot more immersive.

By the way, is it just me or is the enemy response way more intense?

Fearless
07-01-17, 11:28 PM
Love the update.. Signature still remains though after enemy shipping sunk.

YoYo
07-02-17, 02:29 AM
Thank You for this update!
I like it.

About new crew voices: looks good but maybe more military accent/command speed for better immersion (maybe background sound, noise)?
I very like examples from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1QJbu7ocA&feature=youtu.be&t=2m24s .

Please to add on/off voices in settings and volume slider for voices also for the final 1.05. :yeah:

LeopardDriver
07-02-17, 02:41 AM
Also please add a key bind for the Full in-game unit reference linked to Signature tab. I like to do (almost) everything with the keyboard!

Thanks.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Foxendown
07-02-17, 03:32 AM
Trying out 1.05, thank you KF, great work. As for the crew voices, I have turned them off because I personally don't like them, they kill my immersion rather than the opposite. This is a matter of personal likes and dislikes (everyone's different). I can understand why this feature was asked for and I'm glad for those who now have it. It's a pleasure to encounter a developer that introduces changes like this but makes them optional.

Badger343rd
07-02-17, 08:02 AM
That sounds too forced and either too rehearsed or not rehearsed enough,not sure which ?Takes away from immersion...needs a redo for sure,or bettter voice actors.Spend alittle money and get some pro's ,it will be well worth it in the long run.

Jemimus
07-02-17, 11:41 AM
I applaud the effort :Kaleun_Applaud: , but there does need to be a separate volume slider for the voices, and an option to turn them off completely. I like to turn the game sound way up, mostly for the ambiance, but then the voices are distractedly loud.
As for ambient sound, some kind of low-volume background 'command center' sound of people mumbling, coughing, moving around, etc, might be cool. If anyone here has played Defcon on Steam, you know what I am talking about.

How can I currently turn the voices off completely in the beta? I suppose I could delete the voice files? :p

PL_Harpoon
07-02-17, 12:21 PM
Great work on the latest patch.

However, I noticed that a few voices aren't triggered.
These are the ones I found so far:
- active sonar bearing...
- torpedo in the water
- torp is at xxx yards
- contact breaking up
- any fire control messages

YoYo
07-02-17, 12:33 PM
[BUG 1.05]

Hi,
I noticed bug in TLAM mission (campaign). I did all orders, fired 8 TLAM in red circle, all recived hit, after this I escaped. Everything was fine.

http://s2.ifotos.pl/mini/ColdWater_qprwxra.jpg (http://ifotos.pl/z/qprwxra/)

And in the final report I recived this strange info (and finaly no success):

http://s6.ifotos.pl/mini/ColdWater_qprwxns.jpg (http://ifotos.pl/z/qprwxns/)

schurem
07-02-17, 12:34 PM
the new voices are awesome. knowing they are community volunteer work only makes them better in my eyes. "torp in the water" and "we got em, shes breakin up!" would be nice tho. :Kaleun_Cheers:

MekStark
07-02-17, 02:16 PM
as far as I know torp in the water will be hooked to the sound system soon

jrolson
07-02-17, 03:45 PM
When using time compression, my sub starts to sink even if I have planes and ballasts level. No damage or flooding.

Also,
Hit a ship with a torpedo once then it tipped over and put 3 more torpedos into it and it wouldn't sink.

http://i.imgur.com/u9yuoeA.jpg

YoYo
07-02-17, 03:51 PM
Is it possible to do longer campaign?

I finished "1984" (1.05 beta) but it was only 7 missions. :(

(I think the best way: more then 20..., it could be the same missions but in others areas or the good idea its the option key on the beginning: short campaign or long version).

Regards!

Julhelm
07-02-17, 05:47 PM
How can you get a TLAM mission with a Permit that doesn't have TLAM capability?

Delgard
07-02-17, 06:22 PM
I know that I am not capable today, but it seems that if all stays organized, plenty of crafty people will make campaigns based on probable events and timeframes.

Attaching abilities for service awards, descriptions and maybe geographical areas for missions might be needed.

It is a given that something magical has/is being created. I hope KF keeps enough control, though, to ensure missions within created campaigns are fairly adjudicated for difficulty and reward. Kind of keeping all captains on a level field for bragging rights. And keeping KF fairly in the rewards for their overseeing this gift.

Berserker
07-02-17, 10:37 PM
1st test of 105..TLAM work at 60FT or less.. LA class flight II & III work...Some voices needed like "we lost the wire on torp 1 etc ..I am still in training and managed to sink and Alpha at 18.5 meters or yards...Then went to 55 ft and fired off a TLAM & TASM both work..:salute:

Killerfish Games
07-03-17, 01:21 AM
Crew voice volume can be edited as per:
Added temporary LogVoiceVolume=1 parameter to default/hud/default.txt (set to 0 to disable voices)

Setting it between 0 and 1 will adjust the volume. A slider for voice volume will likely be added to the options page eventually.

default/language_en/dictionary/dictionary_message_log.txt contains references to the voice audio files in the [VOICES] section.

Any voices you want to disable, simply comment out or delete. Or you can add your own wav files to the audio folder and place their paths in this section to mod your own voice files however you wish.

schurem
07-03-17, 01:45 AM
Kicking ass and takin names! keep it up killerfish, y'all are rockin it! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Berserker
07-03-17, 02:57 PM
If I use the X key to stabilize the sub I make the enemy subs fire a torpedo...NOT GOOD!!

YoYo
07-03-17, 03:59 PM
CA slider for voice volume will likely be added to the options page eventually.

Great! Thanks! :yeah:

Delgard
07-04-17, 12:40 AM
Okay, I sat tonight and did the second to last single mission since it has air, surface, sub surface and they were protecting a boomer. A little bit of everything.

It was a busy time. As I clicked on my torpedoes as they were traveling, I got a view of the torpedo and I looked to see if a target was in sight yet. Then I would click on my 688I sub and, well, it would not move the camera to view it on the big screen.

Since I could not get the to see the torps homing in, or the helos/aircraft overhead, I did a lot of wigging and wagging. I was hit by on trip and two exploded on my last-minute noise makers. All from EN air assets.

Anyway, something of a bug there in my not being able to get the camera view after 10-15 of game play. With the heavy damage I had a lot of ballast issues. I switched to gauges. The camera isn't most realistic, I know and some would say eliminate it for purity, but then more sensor operators would need to provide better verbal input. If he can't bearing and range continuously for incoming torps, he will be...

Oh, it is a higher-end PC. Please take a look at the camera issue.

Thank you!

Capt Jack Harkness
07-04-17, 01:28 AM
When using time compression, my sub starts to sink even if I have planes and ballasts level. No damage or flooding.

What speed are you going and at what depth? Some of the boats aren't entirely stable at all depths and speeds, I believe this is realistic.

Jemimus
07-04-17, 01:45 PM
This may have been mentioned before. But when I complete the objectives, for example sinking the requires ships, and -then- die from a hull implosion (either through damage at depth or crush depth), on exiting the mission, it would be marked as successful, and I would be respawn on the tactical map in a damaged ship. It doesnt trigger the loss-of-all-hands message.

Killerfish Games
07-04-17, 08:50 PM
This may have been mentioned before. But when I complete the objectives, for example sinking the requires ships, and -then- die from a hull implosion (either through damage at depth or crush depth), on exiting the mission, it would be marked as successful, and I would be respawn on the tactical map in a damaged ship. It doesnt trigger the loss-of-all-hands message.

Fixed in the newly released 1.05b beta version.

caine007
07-04-17, 09:09 PM
Loving the voices.

Was playing the '68 campaign in the beta and saw some Novembers and a Victor dodging my Mk 37's by ingeniously diving to crush depth and ejecting a dense cloud of submarine fragments to hide their position. Personally if I was them I just would have just outrun those slugs but I wasn't going to tell them their jobs. :D

letterboy1
07-04-17, 09:26 PM
What speed are you going and at what depth? Some of the boats aren't entirely stable at all depths and speeds, I believe this is realistic.
Just shooting in the dark, but maybe it was the depth of the sea floor decreasing without you noticing?

Berserker
07-04-17, 10:10 PM
Are all of the prior patches in the 105 patch?? If now where do I find them...PLEASE don't say steam they have the news of the patches but I cannot download from them...

schurem
07-05-17, 02:14 AM
lol berserker, welcome to the 21st century where steam just automagically keeps your things up to date.

Berserker
07-05-17, 02:18 AM
schurem I need to know..If not just say so and if you could point me in the right direction for all of the patches...

Ansgar Burkhard
07-05-17, 03:00 AM
schurem I need to know..If not just say so and if you could point me in the right direction for all of the patches...

Impossible. You need to stop your game from updating. Once it updates it is over.

schurem
07-05-17, 03:26 AM
lol like i said, steam keeps your game up to date for you. you dont need to get patches yourself like we used to in the bad old days. If you want in on the beta's here's what you do:

Go to your steam library. Right click Cold Waters. Click Properties. Click the BETAS tab. Select the beta you want from the tab. Ignore the access code box, just click OK. Off to the races!

It's all so easy these days :Kaleun_Cheers:

ETR3(SS)
07-05-17, 11:16 AM
Are all of the prior patches in the 105 patch?? If now where do I find them...PLEASE don't say steam they have the news of the patches but I cannot download from them...
Steam will automatically update your game to whatever public release is available. If you want the 1.05 patch you'll need to opt-in to the beta release.

Berserker
07-05-17, 12:01 PM
I just installed the105 patch..What I need to know is,are all of the other patches 101 102 103 104 also installed???

max-peck
07-05-17, 01:59 PM
I just installed the105 patch..What I need to know is,are all of the other patches 101 102 103 104 also installed???

They are also installed - 1.05 is a cumulative patch, so it includes all other patches up to this date

It's not like the bad old days when we had to look for and install all the previous patches to make the most recent one work

STEAM takes care of that for you - just load up your game and enjoy

Good hunting :salute:

Shadow
07-05-17, 09:37 PM
Stable 1.05b is upon us! :salute:

smithcorp
07-06-17, 06:40 AM
Got it!

caine007
07-08-17, 09:36 PM
Still getting a few suicidal imploding Russian subs in the live version. At least one November and one Romeo in my 68 campaign.

ChaosphereIX
07-08-17, 10:05 PM
Still getting a few suicidal imploding Russian subs in the live version. At least one November and one Romeo in my 68 campaign.

I get this all the time still. They lawn dart if the depth is shallow enough, and drop noisemakers constantly. Decent tactic if you lose the wire, as torps are fooled for long enough to run out of fuel. But needs to be fixed.

grover
07-09-17, 06:31 PM

Also,
Hit a ship with a torpedo once then it tipped over and put 3 more torpedos into it and it wouldn't sink.

http://i.imgur.com/u9yuoeA.jpg

I found the same thing during a campaign. The Ship was still pinging and when it released a noisemaker, while inverted, the noisemaker hung in the air above the hull. Nothing I would do would sink it, but upon exiting, it showed as sunk. Also changed to a black icon on the map display.

Using latest beta and only mod is the 688i II/III

OptimusX
07-09-17, 07:35 PM
"Sank" a Moskva. It capsized but didn't sink.

It fired depth charges inverted! I put another torp into it and it went to the bottom, but was still firing depth charges.

Doesn't hurt gameplay, but it was kinda funny to see.

The Bandit
07-09-17, 07:41 PM
"Sank" a Moskva. It capsized but didn't sink.

It fired depth charges inverted! I put another torp into it and it went to the bottom, but was still firing depth charges.

Doesn't hurt gameplay, but it was kinda funny to see.

Those Soviet sailors are determined dudes. A little bit of salt water isn't enough to stop Ivan!

Kaye T. Bai
07-11-17, 03:26 AM
Thanks guys! Keep up the good work. :salute: BTW Is it fpschazly's voice?? So similar...
Heh, that was my first thought as well. Sounds just like him. :D

Fitting they made him the sonarman, he seems to be know a bit about sonar.

fitzcarraldo
07-26-17, 07:37 PM
Via Steam, my CW 1.06 passed to 1.06b, but I canīt find any text with the update changes or additions.

Where is a "readme" for this latest update?

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

The Bandit
07-26-17, 09:15 PM
New torpedo models look KILLER! (everyone go take a look at the Mk 37 and Mk 48!) :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

My question is though, are the old assets (3d model and texture) removed / replaced or are they still there somewhere. I'm just wondering for "modding" reasons.

fitzcarraldo
07-26-17, 10:28 PM
Update 1.06b thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232739

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

btraf
08-15-17, 02:52 PM
I found the same thing during a campaign. The Ship was still pinging and when it released a noisemaker, while inverted, the noisemaker hung in the air above the hull. Nothing I would do would sink it, but upon exiting, it showed as sunk. Also changed to a black icon on the map display.

Using latest beta and only mod is the 688i II/III

I had the same thing happen to me. If you surface the sub they'll start firing their guns at you. Pretty funny to watch

Aktungbby
08-15-17, 02:56 PM
btraf!:Kaleun_Salute:

Leech
08-22-17, 05:06 AM
It is nice that you say there is a patch to put in crew voices, and for us that want the patch you say see killer fish, they say to see steam, steam talks a lot about it but they do not say here is the link to DOWN LOAD IT!!! They do not offer upgrades for the $39.00 paid for the game???? Microsoft up dates their software... Some times... Thanks but where is the patch download link without having to re-:obuy the entire game that's 1.06b?

The Bandit
08-22-17, 07:52 AM
It is nice that you say there is a patch to put in crew voices, and for us that want the patch you say see killer fish, they say to see steam, steam talks a lot about it but they do not say here is the link to DOWN LOAD IT!!! They do not offer upgrades for the $39.00 paid for the game???? Microsoft up dates their software... Some times... Thanks but where is the patch download link without having to re-:obuy the entire game that's 1.06b?

You seem to be confused here about a few things. The "patch to put in crew voices" is a beta update to the game. There was an old way where you had to enable them in a config file but that has been superseded. In order to play the current beta version (1.07c) of the game, go to Cold Waters in your steam library, right click, go to properties and select the "betas" tab. You need to then select "beta" on the drop-down list. Once doing this you should now be "opted in" to participating in the latest beta version of the game.

Nowhere is it suggested that updates will not be done to the game or that you need to re-purchase the game, I have absolutely no clue where you got that idea.

stratege1401
08-31-17, 07:37 AM
i was confuse but seem 1.06b is no more beta because it is "production" and 1.07x is the new beta ... on steam today, 1.07d is available, but 1.07c is stimm showing ...