PDA

View Full Version : Wait for it

cgjimeneza
06-28-17, 11:30 PM
for what I have seen of the depth course controls, like a shooter.

the game seems interesting but as a long timer i feel I need clickable bars, for rudder, course, speed... sorry so many hours in SH and others.

need it to be more SIM than arcadey to buy, at $40

so, guys/devs. go mod it

thanks

:Kaleun_Cheers:

jenrick
06-29-17, 12:22 AM
It's not an FPS control setup in the sense you hold W to go forward or something. Q and Z are simply increase or decrease speed to the next bell (IIRC correctly both SH and DW had hotkeys for that), and A and D are simply increase L/R rudder 5 degrees (again I believe SH and DW has those hotkeys). W/S and E/C are unique (as I recall) in terms of being able to order the planes up or down, and increasing/decreasing buoyancy. Sure it's different, but again nothing arcadey. I know a lot of people are used to the control paradigm that DW and SH established, and don't get me wrong I'll be glad to have the additional options myself. I do think that concerns over giving steering commands instead of navigation commands ("Take us down, 5 degree's down on the planes" vs. "Take us down to 150 feet") is very overstated. It would be absolutely normal for a captain to give steering commands in some situations, and navigation commands in others. For combat I don't find it limiting to only have steering commands currently.

Also an a total non sequitur to the OP, I find the number of folks who want a vastly more involved/complex sonar and TMA experienced absolutely insistent that we need a periscope depth hotkey amusing. What do you need the periscope for if you're looking at the waterfall and the TMA plot?! If anyone needs a periscope hotkey it's the folks who don't want to mess with all the stuff needed to do a complete passive sonar approach and firing on a surface contact. For the record though I would like a periscope depth hotkey :D
-Jenrick

JacqueShredo
06-29-17, 02:13 AM
They will be adding those soon with updates.