PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion]Please allow us to start farther off than 25 KYD!

ChaosDuck7
06-27-17, 03:44 PM
Much of the excitement in these kinds of games is HOW you approach the target. 25 KYD may get you into the action faster, but I would love the oppurtunity to barely have an idea where my targets are and have to search for them/stalk them.

Not to mention this would possibly allow more realistic engagement ranges for things like the harpoon and TASM.

50 KYD would be GREAT. 100 even better. For those who dont want that, they always have the option of closing in at whatever range they want!

Also related, please let us pick what speed and depth we are going on the campaign map besides the 3 presets already available (right click, left click, standing still). Would love more options!

jmr
06-27-17, 07:50 PM
+1.

I too would like to start out farther than 25k yards because half the fun for me is poking around in the dark until I get a contact in which I can work up a solution.

Fearless
06-27-17, 10:35 PM
+1 for me.. But another thing I would like which may not be favourable to other players is that in the Campaign or even in single mission mode, I would actually like to travel from home base or designated home port to the designated location.

acoromi
06-28-17, 01:24 AM
+1

I also would like to choose at which distance to start my patrol. Please, implement it.

Thanks!!

ollie1983
06-28-17, 02:56 AM
Totally agree. Provided sensors are modelled to work at the increased ranges.

PL_Harpoon
06-28-17, 06:22 AM
I second that too.
I'm ok with being thrown into a close range engagement when you rush around the map at cruise speed or when you're engaging a quiet sub and you've just detected it at 10 KYDS.
But when ambushing a large convoy you should have the ability to start the battle as soon as they appear on sonar. The same thing should apply to to TLAM and insertion missions.

Nippelspanner
06-28-17, 06:52 AM
I'd really like to see greater initial distances as well. Maybe not 100kyds, but 50 sure sounds reasonable for those that want it.
It's optional anyways, so why not?