PDA

View Full Version : Cold Waters with crew voices

PL_Harpoon
06-25-17, 08:16 PM
https://youtu.be/FF1QJbu7ocA
well actually, it's just a regular game with sound edited in the video.

I was just curious how the game would sound with internal crew sounds for tactical map view and crew voices. Sounds way better in my opinion.

BTW, sounds used for this edit are from Fast Attack (most vioces), Dangerous Waters (some voices and reactor hum) and Children of a dead Earth (crew talking in the background).

PS. I apologise for some sounds getting out of sync near the end, but I don't have any professional video editing software so I did all sound editing in Audacity.

LoBlo
06-25-17, 08:31 PM

I was just curious how the game would sound with internal crew sounds for tactical map view and crew voices. Sounds way better in my opinion.

BTW, sounds used for this edit are from Fast Attack (most vioces), Dangerous Waters (some voices and reactor hum) and Children of a dead Earth (crew talking in the background).

PS. I apologise for some sounds getting out of sync near the end, but I don't have any professional video editing software so I did all sound editing in Audacity.

I want to say those voices are from the old game from Sierra "Fast Attack". Recognized them instantly. Lots of hours into that game back in the day and loved it dearly. The scenarios that came with Fast Attack weren't well thought out though.

Yes the crew voices make it tons better. I wonder if there's a quick way to mod them or if KF has made the game amenable to mod them in.

Nippelspanner
06-25-17, 08:38 PM
The scenarios that came with Fast Attack weren't well thought out though.

Please elaborate?

Shadow
06-25-17, 08:54 PM
Neat mock-up video. :03:

I think the necessary "hooks" to insert voiceover sets aren't quite there... yet.

I figure once the official voiceovers are implemented, we'll be able to modify them as we please.

LoBlo
06-25-17, 09:27 PM
By the way PL. I like your torpedo evasion strategy of going high and then practically halting above the searching torpedoes.

At first I thought you were crazy and they would reacquire, but you could tell by the active pinging that you were out of there search cone.

At this point my own torpedo evasion has been to cheat, turn on 3rd person torpedo view and cheat my turns to evade.:oops:

Shadow
06-25-17, 09:44 PM
At this point my own torpedo evasion has been to cheat, turn on 3rd person torpedo view and cheat my turns to evade.:oops:

I'm not sure if that's actually cheaty. While actual subs don't have disembodied third-person cameras, I figure sonars can tell how close a torpedo is and whether it's above, below or at the same depth as the submarine, so you could still plan maneuvers relative to the fish's current position. Unless there's screens constructing a graphical representation from said data (which I don't find unlikely), perhaps not visually, but it'd be functionally the same thing.

YoYo
06-26-17, 12:45 AM
Nice video but Killerfish Games work on it.

Maybe not very soon but in 1.06, 1.07, 1.08.... who knows !? :up:

Killerfish Games
06-26-17, 04:03 AM
Inspiring video.
Crew voices are being worked on :salute:

YoYo
06-26-17, 04:18 AM
Inspiring video.

:Kaleun_Salivating:

max-peck
06-26-17, 04:26 AM
Inspiring video.

Excellent news
Keep up the good work :salute:

PL_Harpoon
06-26-17, 05:25 AM
Inspiring video.

That's great to hear.
Keep up the good work. :Kaleun_Salute:

LoBlo
06-26-17, 08:56 AM
Please elaborate?

Well, rearming at port were scripted into the campaign if I remember right.
After so many missions you'd get a rearm, but if you count the number of targets you were responsible for between refits, it turned out to be more targets than weapons before the refits.

Wiz33
06-26-17, 10:00 AM
https://youtu.be/FF1QJbu7ocA

Nicely done!

Nippelspanner
06-26-17, 10:18 AM
Well, rearming at port were scripted into the campaign if I remember right.
After so many missions you'd get a rearm, but if you count the number of targets you were responsible for between refits, it turned out to be more targets than weapons before the refits.

Never noticed that, but I also have not finished them all.
However, that doesn't render the scenarios bad, just the rearming cycle, that's what surprised me.
In my opinion, they are the most immersive and authentic from all subsims, by a large margin.