PDA

View Full Version : 1.05 in progress

YoYo
06-25-17, 03:14 AM
Changelog of beta (in progress still).

Version 1.05
In Progress

General
Opening Help in After Action Report no longer opens mini-map which breaks subsequent Back button

Combat
Player speed no longer defaults to emergency back if reactor offline when changing speed
Moving in reverse now generates noise in Signature panel display correctly
Back Emergency increases noise rather than decreasing it below All Stop
Sunk vessels no longer detected by player ESM
Sunk vessels no longer perform surface or air radar checks
Sunk vessels no longer ping with active sonar
Opening Help in periscope view forces periscope view closed

Campaign
MapTimeCompression set globally and synced with pausing, briefings, summary, events, campaign menu, new sub assignment and campaign end
Port reload/unload/Spec Ops time required labels corrected for difficulty level modifiers
Verified subsystem displayed repair times take into account difficulty level modifiers

YoYo
06-25-17, 03:16 AM
This is good:

Thank You KFG! :salute:

PL_Harpoon
06-25-17, 04:30 AM
There goes one of my tactics...

It's a good thing though as I always felt it was an rather an exploit than anything. :)

Onkel Neal
06-25-17, 10:02 AM
Keep up the good work, KF:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

jrolson
06-25-17, 04:04 PM
Love these updates!

Can't wait until we get 3D towed arrays though...

LoBlo
06-25-17, 08:37 PM
I wish KF would use the universal NATO NTDS map symbols. Its strange not using them.

Stardog765
06-25-17, 08:41 PM
Any update on the helm panel addition?

Seems to be referenced and shown off in screenshots but have not heard anything about it since.

Im sure there are customers who bought the game based on that feature coming that would like just a little update at least as to where we are with that and how its going to be implemented.

Thanks appreciate it.

Aktungbby
06-25-17, 08:42 PM
jrolson!:Kaleun_Salute:

Killerfish Games
06-25-17, 09:20 PM
Any update on the helm panel addition?

Seems to be referenced and shown off in screenshots but have not heard anything about it since.

Im sure there are customers who bought the game based on that feature coming that would like just a little update at least as to where we are with that and how its going to be implemented.

Thanks appreciate it.
That is a bigger feature that requires integration with the current navigation system and damage control. It will also require new key binds and a lot of testing.

So the plan is get to it soon and we want to time as many edits to options/keybinds in the one release to try and minimise disruption to player's options and of course mods.

Once we commit to the helm stuff it will put bug fixes on hold for a while and we want go get the campaigns stable and track down the last of the major bugs (including AI ones) first.

Stardog765
06-25-17, 09:22 PM
That is all I was asking for thank you.

Just wanted to know it hasnt been forgotten about or canned. Its amazing what a little communication can do!

Thank you sir!

JacqueShredo
06-25-17, 10:10 PM
Thank you KG! It's so nice to know you are working hard on this great game. The UI is going to be amazing, it will put the game in legendary status.

Orbiter688
06-26-17, 09:54 AM
That is a bigger feature that requires integration with the current navigation system and damage control. It will also require new key binds and a lot of testing.

So the plan is get to it soon and we want to time as many edits to options/keybinds in the one release to try and minimise disruption to player's options and of course mods.

Once we commit to the helm stuff it will put bug fixes on hold for a while and we want go get the campaigns stable and track down the last of the major bugs (including AI ones) first.

Really looking forward to this when completed. :yeah:

Keep up the good work. :salute:

Wiz33
06-26-17, 09:59 AM

Will we be able to order turns for specific speed with the new helm control?

Steiger
06-26-17, 01:04 PM
I wish KF would use the universal NATO NTDS map symbols. Its strange not using them.

If you mean on the campaign map, then send me a link of what the symbols look like and I will mod them in for you.

PL_Harpoon
06-26-17, 02:07 PM
If you mean on the campaign map, then send me a link of what the symbols look like and I will mod them in for you.

I already did that (except for plane symbols, because in the game they are rotated).

I've included them in the mod I'm currently working on.

This is how it looks:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/iz97ch.jpg

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...WowYldoTlZsY1U (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5SxzQiHG6vKbWowYldoTlZsY1U)
If you just want the icons use only this folder: override\campaign\images\sprites

And if you're interested in other things I changed, here's the thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231759

Steiger
06-26-17, 06:01 PM
@PL_Harpoon looking good man!

ChaosDuck7
06-26-17, 06:50 PM
I already did that (except for plane symbols, because in the game they are rotated).

I've included them in the mod I'm currently working on.

PLEASE implement something like this officially KFG

konstantinua00
06-27-17, 10:25 PM
while those icons could be "historical", I'd really added them maximum as an option

1)they aren't intuitive
2)they are hollow
3)eye doesn't catch them strait away

Nikita
06-28-17, 01:05 PM
I would appreciate in the next patch you can save the mission in the tactical map. It is easier dodge torpedoes in CW than those launched by "friendly fire": wife, mother-in law, dog, children, etc.

jrolson
06-30-17, 06:34 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/app/541210/discussions/0/1353742967807455160/

*Crew voices added to audio/voices folder and implemented.

:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Cheers:

max-peck
06-30-17, 07:00 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/app/541210/discussions/0/1353742967807455160/

*Crew voices added to audio/voices folder and implemented.

:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Cheers:

Brilliant news

From the STEAM page
'Crew voices added to audio/voices folder and implemented'

EDIT
Just realised I have just repeated what you just said jrolson

Sorry

It is Friday and I am a little drunk :oops:

Shadow
06-30-17, 07:42 PM
A small preview video would be nice! :yep:

YoYo
07-01-17, 03:48 AM
Wow, this update will look very, very interesting! TY KFG!

Version 1.05
In Progress

General
Opening Help in After Action Report no longer opens mini-map which breaks subsequent Back button
Removed legacy WeaponName and WeaponDescription fields from weapons.txt
Removed legacy RADARID field from sensors.txt
aircraft.txt stats modified (additional weapons added later when combat balanced better)
Juliette designation corrected to SSG
Added date to Single Missions descriptions
default/hud/default.txt added MissionMarkerColorInsertion and MissionMarkerColorLandStrike variables
Added new optional variable to mission files, MissionPositionColor=LAND_STRIKE to colour deployment zone marker based on mission type
Added missing MaxPitchAngle=25 variable to MK37 in weapons.txt

Combat
Player speed no longer defaults to emergency back if reactor offline when changing speed
Moving in reverse now generates noise in Signature panel display correctly
Opening Help in periscope view forces periscope view closed
Fixed a bug where negative ballast not applied if player sub riding too high in the water, prevented submerging
default/hud/default.txt added [ESM Meter] colour variables to aid readability of ESM meter
Switching a wire guided torpedo from passive to active now works
Fixed towed array noice calculations for AI vessels
Crew voices added to audio/voices folder and implemented
Anechoic coating decreases active torpedo sensor range by 50%
Reference manual now opens to current signature profile
Spec Ops team now deploys at under 5 knots, rather than at stop
Increased TLAM cruise altitide to 300 to assist with terrain avoidance
TLAMs striking target now provide log message
Mini-map display now correctly offset when botton left panel is moved by editing default/hud/default.txt
Enemy surface ships no longer deploy chaff or fire guns at land attacking missiles

Campaign
MapTimeCompression set globally and synced with pausing, briefings, summary, events, campaign menu, new sub assignment and campaign end
Port reload/unload/Spec Ops time required labels corrected for difficulty level modifiers
Verified subsystem displayed repair times take into account difficulty level modifiers
campaign_data.txt CampaignPoints and CampaignStart points values doubled for both campaigns to increase their length
Fixed a possible mismatch of player weapons in tubes which might cause some downstream bugs
Restructured EndLevel() in attempt to minimise impact of unknown bug
Fixed a bug where missing a mission caused all subsequent radio messages to state failed, even if won
Corrected all LAND_STRIKE missions to require 8 hits on targets
New Holy Loch background added for both campaigns

Haukka81
07-01-17, 07:59 AM
Wow, 1.05 will be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tirta
07-01-17, 08:24 AM
1.04b campaign is so boring.
I have played 6 missions and 5 of them is the same tanker/tender mission from Murmansk or Archangelsk.
And now my 7th mission is also that same tanker/tender mission again.

Please make the campaign missions more varied and interesting in the future.

TheCabal
07-01-17, 09:19 AM
A new patch got out. And damn... the Crew Voice... I immediately recognize fpschazly guys. :salute: What about you?

609_Avatar
07-01-17, 11:16 AM
Just had a few minutes to play around with the new patch and I really like the voices! Thanks for adding them. It also seemed like I was harder to pick up than before, could be my imagination and I need more time with it to be sure but that was my initial impression.

MekStark
07-01-17, 11:29 AM
1)they aren't intuitive
(...)
3)eye doesn't catch them strait away

that's why we went with RSR-styled ones

Wiz33
07-01-17, 06:29 PM
Problem with 1.05. SSGN mission, took out the Alfa and damage the Oscar, it's sitting on the bottom but I can't see it anymore in F2, Send a few more Torp at it at depth of 900ft but could not see it and steer to kill it. 95% solution, turn the torp around a few times and change depth but still could not see it with wire attached.

Crew voice is great though. Makes controlling your sub easier so you don't have to always keep an eye on depth gauge.

EDIT: Just did the mission again and this time I can see it with F2 & F3 and was able to steer the 3rd torp onto target. Those Oscar are tough, took 3 torps.

Nikita
07-02-17, 01:58 PM
that's why we went with RSR-styled ones

Original RSR used NATO symbols. Look at page 3 of https://www.digitpress.com/library/manuals/c64/red_storm_rising_supplement.pdf