PDA

View Full Version : Mod trouble

Berserker
06-21-17, 09:26 PM
I have put the la class I II in the game as instructed by jive turkey on his youtube video...Here is the path..Download the mod/open mod/override/steam/steamapps/select override from mod and drag to steaming assets/open/find 2 files default and override/open override ...Your files should show the LA Class I II...It does..But when playing the sim no LA Class I or II...:hmmm: What did I miss?? Even tried restart same problem..:/\\!!

ScreamingElectron
06-21-17, 11:50 PM
Your final hierarchy should look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\StreamingAssets\override

Make sure the 'override' folder included in the mod download is in the 'StreamingAssets' folder.

Berserker
06-22-17, 03:03 AM
17 hrs...17hrs and the fing thing still will not give me the LA Class 1&2...So far this "sim" has cost me $40.00 for the sim $40+ for a new key board and mouse...I QUIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

cookiemonste
06-22-17, 04:48 AM
Why don't you just try the regular subs first? And why are you angry?

Berserker
06-22-17, 03:15 PM
I have..But I want the best and after trying for all of that time I could not get it to work...Its very frusterating and I do have a rather short temper..Now when I try to install following you way and jive turkeys way I cannot find the folders in the sim...So its time to delete and go back to ww 2 sh4...

Julhelm
06-22-17, 03:35 PM
You have to actually add the boat to the missions and campaign for it to show up. And you need to add it to the vessels list for it to show up in unit reference.

Berserker
06-22-17, 06:00 PM
Julhelm that's the problem..I have tried both ways mentioned above and no matter what I try they will not work..The ones that make a mod should give a route for installation in the readme file...I cannot find that in the file...There has to be a simple way to make this work..

Berserker
06-23-17, 02:25 PM
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! I have FINALLY been able to install mods in cold waters....Thanks to Jive Turkey Cookie Monster and Julhelm...Simplest solution of all was to calm down and READ the instructions...THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!

Delgard
06-23-17, 05:13 PM
A game, to me, is rather just jump in and learn as I go. But, when adding simulation to something real-world, there is much more reading, understanding, and applying going on.

Those posting guides and/or YouTube videos are teachers (VIPs)