PDA

View Full Version : That made me laugh a lot

mapuc
04-22-14, 12:57 PM
A little background story from the real life.

I'll use USA as an example and Desert Storm - 91

I'll also simplifier it a lot

Many weeks before the President gives the order to attack Iraq, he have asked the general and other military leaders what they need

Some weeks before he gives the order, he may ask them if they are ready if the order is given

I guess they would have said yes-we are ready if the order is given

Now this here made me laugh a lot.

Playing a Desert storm scenarios and A LOT of fighter planes IS unavailable due to maintenance

I could be wrong, but when does a country and it's military leaders have so many fighter planes unavailable due to maintenance, when they have known for weeks a go-ahead signal may come.

For me it IS a big failure in this scenario.

After the sorties when the fighter planes return, they may need maintenance.

Just my 5 cent of arguing

Markus

mapuc
04-22-14, 01:52 PM
Let me give you an example from the scenario "Shamal"

In the battlegroup BF Zulu(consist of 3 carrier) I have 39 F-14A Tomcat and every one of them are unavailable due to maintenance

And 56 A-6E Intruder...even they are....

EDIT: It is NOT my intention to mock the creator of this scenario or other scenarios, they are great fun to play.

Markus

emsoy
04-24-14, 12:42 AM
I believe the orders state clearly that only the Red Sea carriers will be available to the player in this scenario. The Persian Gulf carriers were included so that players can create their own scenarios by extracting the carriers from the scen. The carrier air wing (CVW) compositions are historically correct, down to each plane's tail number (NE-102, etc).

Five mouse clicks, and you have the real deal loaded in your own scen.

Pretty cool, huh :rock:

mapuc
04-24-14, 01:04 PM
I believe the orders state clearly that only the Red Sea carriers will be available to the player in this scenario. The Persian Gulf carriers were included so that players can create their own scenarios by extracting the carriers from the scen. The carrier air wing (CVW) compositions are historically correct, down to each plane's tail number (NE-102, etc).

Five mouse clicks, and you have the real deal loaded in your own scen.

Pretty cool, huh :rock:

Thank you for your answer, it's just the problem I don't know how to create or re-create a mission.

Markus