PDA

View Full Version : WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - list of features and supported platforms

v-i-c-
11-20-13, 11:05 AM
WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic is a World War II submarine simulation currently in development.

Supported platforms (in order of their planned release dates):

first
- iOS

later
- Mac OS X

then
- Windows
- Linux

possibly later supported platforms:
- Android
- Windows phone
- Blackberry
- Consoles

Features:

• A full scale and realistic U-Boat simulation.

• Career oriented game play (1939-1945).

• Huge game world spanning the entire Atlantic Ocean, North and Mediterranean Seas.

• Dynamic campaigns. You won't be limited to fighting battles in tiny preprogrammed missions.

• Huge game world spanning the entire Atlantic Ocean, North and Mediterranean Seas.

• Full realism.

• Crew management.

• Historically accurate AI behavior based on original research.

• Wolfpacks! You and the AI U-Boats hunt together.

• Use all important german WWII U-boats classes.

• Full walk-through U-Boat interiors.

• Game Center support.

• Multiplayer

Méo
11-23-13, 12:20 AM
• Wolfpacks! You and the AI U-Boats hunt together.

Wow!!!

Would be really nice. :up:

v-i-c-
11-23-13, 12:38 AM
:)

Remember this will be a feature of the full sim "WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic"

Could implement something similar in the Seehund simulation (they've had some massive missions) but this would cause another delay. And I want to ship first.

Brag
11-24-13, 08:51 AM
Wishing you success :salute::salute::salute::salute:

Xaron
11-24-13, 11:37 AM
Me too! All the best Mark! I'm really looking forward to your game! Even though I don't have an iPhone nor iPad but as you want to publish it for Mac as well I'm fine with it! :)

Highbury
11-26-13, 12:41 PM
Looks very interesting. I do not use Mac or iAnything but will eagerly anticipate the PC version.

Best of luck to you!

v-i-c-
11-27-13, 01:34 AM
Thank you :)

W_clear
11-28-13, 05:06 AM
I wish you success, I hope everyone can help you completeI wish you success, I hope everyone can help you complete:up::salute:

Red October1984
12-04-13, 07:10 PM
Wow, man. This looks great!

I'll definitely buy. :woot:

keltos01
12-06-13, 01:02 PM
A dynamic campaign !!!

this has been #1 on my wishlist since SH4... a game where what you do can influence/change the course of history...

regards

keltos

v-i-c-
12-08-13, 02:29 AM
…a game where what you do can influence/change the course of history...

This impact of a single boat won't change the overall history but it should change some future battles.

I have two ideas how to implement this:

V1:
The crazy idea to implement historical accurate ship positions where it's possible. And to calculate different results of "offscreen" battles in the background if a ship is missing or survived because of the players impact before. So sinking a single battleship or let a german ship survive should end in a kind of chain reaction.

V2:
each side gets a pool of ships based on historical production rate of different ship types at that time. The game calculates the overall High Command AI for a set interval in the background and simulates results of battles by estimated chances (a bit like strategists war games would calculate it). You sink a destroyer and it's gone from the enemy pool… as a result you might have an extra U-Boat someday in your wolf pack because it survived, or this extra U-Boat sinks a battleship that you won't see in game anymore etc.

V2 would be much more dynamic and MUCH more easier to implement. V1 offers cheating by well known ship positions at a date.

FAdmiral
12-08-13, 09:17 PM
This sounds like something more interesting than just sub
patrols that have no bearing on anything but your success...