PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter Online

merc4ulfate
09-17-13, 06:26 PM
Silent Hunter online from UBI soft

There is nothing like a 15 day login que That wound up taking an hour to login in :doh:... the beta login server must be run on windows 3.1

I can not see how a web based program could ever be better than one driven on your computer. Hell at least you can play SH without an internet connection plus it is performance based and the mod community is second to none in my book.

Tried the online game today that ubi made. OMG I wanted to rip my hair out. :/\\!!Wait ... I'm bald!!

I'm sorry some might like it but there is no way in hell that will ever be as good as Silent Hunter 3-4-5 with all the great mods and community :subsim:that is here. Dear god it was mind numbing to go through a forced tutorial and lack of manual anything.

No TDC:timeout:, No manual targeting:06:, no realism:dead:. No keyboard short cut for anything except that big red x at the top of the screen to kill the window.:88)

There was no fun in that at all. :hmph:

Thank you everyone :sunny:who is in this community of subsim players.:woot: You have a great site here and great mods for these games you support.

Power to you.:rock:

:subsim:

Admiral Halsey
09-17-13, 07:56 PM
Well what did you expect? UBI suddenly caring about making a great subsim? Honestly the only sim of theirs I have played that wasn't vastly improved by modding was IL-2 Sturmovik.

Sailor Steve
09-17-13, 07:58 PM
We have a whole forum dedicated to SHO. This would be better posted there.

Herr-Berbunch
09-18-13, 06:38 AM
Honestly the only sim of theirs I have played that wasn't vastly improved by modding was IL-2 Sturmovik.

And even that is vastly improved by supermods. :up:

Webster
09-18-13, 10:02 AM
We have a whole forum dedicated to SHO. This would be better posted there.

agreed, I moved it there for him

=UBF=Nickwkr
09-18-13, 10:06 AM
WTF 3 DAYS 18 HRS 26MIN just to login :k_rofl::k_rofl::k_rofl::k_rofl:

Admiral Halsey
09-18-13, 10:24 AM
And even that is vastly improved by supermods. :up:

With the exception of the team Daidalos updates.(Which causes the game to CTD fairly often.) I have found that IL-2 is not that improved by mods.(Now the custom campaigns you can download are a totally different story.)

d4n1066
09-18-13, 11:12 AM
Thing told me I had to wait 4 days. So I haven't even played it yet. (And IL-2 Sturmovik is great, I agree!:yep:)

biosthetique
09-18-13, 02:15 PM
is that me, or does it sound negative AND sarcastic?:hmmm:

In my 20 years of gaming experience, I noticed that some people are more upset when free rides don't work than when a ride they paid for does not work!....

Nexus7
09-19-13, 03:23 PM
OK on not killing it before it started, but how comes so many people receive false exagerated (and wrong) queue times, discouraging everyone?
They better fix that one quickly

L_DOG
09-19-13, 03:53 PM
started out at 230 positon and 13 days LOL
10 mins now and down to pos 109 and 5 days :rock:

Madox58
09-19-13, 04:11 PM
It's a Beta people!
Haveing Beta Tested a bunch of different Games myself I see nothing that freaks me yet.
The time count down is screwed. So what?

gmccabe01
09-20-13, 09:54 AM
I've played it, to pass a bit of time and 1 thing I noticed out of many is that it usually takes 1-2 torps to kill a target but you have to fire them 1 at a time, recalculateing for each tube.
You can fire a spread but you can't adjust the spread angle( so only 1 torp hits and 1 wasted)

blkdimnd
09-20-13, 10:40 AM
I've played it, to pass a bit of time and 1 thing I noticed out of many is that it usually takes 1-2 torps to kill a target but you have to fire them 1 at a time, recalculateing for each tube.
You can fire a spread but you can't adjust the spread angle( so only 1 torp hits and 1 wasted)

Not quite true...

You don't need to recalculate every time.
Once the weapons officer has made his calculations you will see a "ghost ship" on your tactical map.
AFTER, and I can't stress this enough, AFTER you have fired your first torpedo, select your second tube, and realign your scope on the "ghost ship". Fire away.

For me the "Ghost ship" stays in view for about 30 sec. After that, you will need to recalculate.

There are some good guides on the SHO forums.
Here's a link: http://forum.silenthunteronline.com/forums/248-Players-help-Players

von Segelkartoffel
09-20-13, 03:12 PM
Came back from a long hiatus just to post here :D

Yes, I tried SHO. It was TERRIBLE! Having been a big, big fan of SH3 & GWX I was appalled to see what kind of abomination Ubi has created.

Tested it, never again. Hell, they even charge money for getting time acceleration.

flag4
09-20-13, 03:44 PM
...QUE LOGIN...???

FORGET IT!
WHO WANTS TO WAIT 28 DAYS TO PLAY THIS ONLINE SIM - I WAS SOMETHING LIKE 328TH ON THE QUE???

:down:

Madox58
09-20-13, 06:49 PM
Hey! I spent countless hours working on GWX and other mods for each and every version from 3 up to 5.
Each version is different in some ways.
So this one 'doesn't compare to past versions'. Cry me a river for craps sake!
I find it all kind of Cool in a different way myself.
(Ya those new Dev's got me interested)

If you don't like it? My loogged in time should fall real quick!
:rock:

adrians69
09-21-13, 04:46 AM
I've tried it today and I must say it's a bit
too arcadey for me. This is just what MS did with Microsoft Flight.

flag4
09-21-13, 05:53 AM
...QUE LOGIN...???

FORGET IT!
WHO WANTS TO WAIT 28 DAYS TO PLAY THIS ONLINE SIM - I WAS SOMETHING LIKE 328TH ON THE QUE???

:down:

apologies, I was jumping the gun....its running now:doh:

captgeo
09-26-13, 05:41 PM
I will keep running my SH4 , I do not think I would ever waste my time on another SH title again after that one, I have all the MOD's I need right here at subsim and the game run's great:yeah:

clwydian
09-30-13, 05:12 AM
the estimated delay to login is just wrong. Perhaps ubisoft live time compression?

Also has anyone noticed the reference to enemy 'frighters' on the bottom part of the login page....

:)

I shouldn't but I'm going to plug my free android silent hunter online app....there.. Done it.

biosthetique
09-30-13, 06:41 PM
the estimated delay to login is just wrong.

Submariners are by nature a patient crowd. If you can't wait at the login, then the game might not be for you!....It is like an exam to predict who will do well and who won't!:O: