PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the English Beta?

Andayle
04-22-13, 04:04 AM
Hiya all,

After watching the gameplay videos posted here i'm now more interested in Silent Hunter Online. I know it's never going to be anything like silent hunter 5 modded (which I still play at least a few nights a week). The interesting part for me is that 90% of my work is done from home. about 3 hours of the working day for me is actually very boring with very little to do but I have to stay at the PC just incase something goes wrong. So for me Silent Hunter online even as dumbed down as it is would fill this gap in nicely.

I know I could get into the German Beta but I don't speak a single word of German lol.

Have they said anything about an english beta release? or is the translation going to wait until it comes out on release?

Thanks.

Seeadler
04-22-13, 10:50 AM
Currently it's still the closed-beta (german) and in a few weeks it will probably go into the open-beta (german) and I guess around the Gamescom in August will start the international open-beta ...but it's all guessing, no official words from BlueByte or Ubisoft :cool:

Andayle
04-22-13, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the info Seeadler, even if it is only guesses :)

Herr-Berbunch
06-26-13, 08:45 AM
something change

Welcome aboard :salute:

Not that we know of yet. :hmmm:

Sharkey
06-26-13, 10:03 AM
I've got my name down for the english beta whenever its released but I'm not holding my breath, these things take an age! :hmmm::salute:

Andayle
06-29-13, 06:33 AM
This was tweeted a few days ago

@JohnLOsborne Thank you, John! We can't give a solid date, but we're working around the clock to get it released as soon as possible!

This is from the official SHO twitter account. Looks like it still at least a month or so away. Otherwise i'm guessing they would have said we will have info soon.