PDA

View Full Version : Got the Code...

mido
01-14-13, 09:23 AM
I finally got the key for the test, will try to play tonight and report!

Onkel Neal
01-14-13, 09:57 AM
If you are a beta tester, be sure to honor the requirements as far as divulging info about the beta. :03:

Harald_Lange
01-14-13, 10:04 AM
You lucky so and so!

badaboom
01-15-13, 06:07 PM
Any news you can tell us without breaking the rules?

Gotmilk
01-16-13, 03:17 AM
yeah. telll us atleast if you are enjoying the game :)

mido
01-16-13, 08:26 PM
Any news you can tell us without breaking the rules?
As Neal said...

Onkel Neal
01-16-13, 10:37 PM
Exactly. The purpose of being a closed beta tester is to share your expertise with the developers and assist them in improving the game. The time when you are released to discuss the game will come. :salute:

HundertzehnGustav
01-17-13, 02:16 AM
okay. since the OP will not say anything about SHO here...
and i am afraid with this thread "available"... it will be hard to resist the temptation to write something.

That is a risky thing aint it?:hmm2:

mido
01-17-13, 08:15 AM
I would not have started the thread if I had read the terms and conditions before. Maybe it should be suspended?

HundertzehnGustav
01-17-13, 03:56 PM
exactly my train of thought.
it shall remind you beta testers to stay in silent running mode.

Onkel Neal
01-17-13, 04:40 PM
No harm, no foul. You beta testers are a valuable part of the equation in getting a game ready to release. It's a responsibility. I know one or two games that were saved by good beta testers. The dev team appreciates you.

Neal

GT182
01-17-13, 11:34 PM
The dev team appreciates you.

Neal

Yes they do, but not always the publisher. ;) I beta tested one of the Battle of Britain sims a few years ago. The devs really did appreciate the beta testers, and fortunately they were publishing their own BOB. But being a beta tester is not all fun and games, there's a lot of time spent with the game and a lot of time letting them know what needs fixing or improving. It's also nice that your selected and your input is wanted and listened to.

Have fun with it Mido.

Cybermat47
01-18-13, 12:02 AM
Um...actually, when I was beta testing Halo: Reach, I was more concerned with getting assassinations. :oops:

Red October1984
01-18-13, 09:43 PM
Um...actually, when I was beta testing Halo: Reach, I was more concerned with getting assassinations. :oops:

I remember the time I liked Halo...

A while back....

I haven't played Halo in years... :hmmm:

kiwi_2005
01-19-13, 03:40 AM
The first and probably last game i ever beta tested and i must admit i was all excited to get stuck into it till it turned out to be a kids side scroller shoot em up:haha: So buggy that i couldn't even complete the first level. A game a game i suppose.

Onkel Neal
01-19-13, 08:15 AM
A beta tester should expect the game to be buggy....that's why they're testing it :Kaleun_Goofy:

But yeah, it is a bit jarring at first to get a game to test and see all the issues.

Red October1984
01-19-13, 10:55 AM
A beta tester should expect the game to be buggy....that's why they're testing it :Kaleun_Goofy:

But yeah, it is a bit jarring at first to get a game to test and see all the issues.

I've never Beta Tested anything...I did help Hinrich Schwab test a mission for SH2 one time...but that's as close as i've gotten to a game tester.

desertstriker
01-19-13, 01:45 PM
There are ways around the beta testing disclosure rules. like telling someone (especially family/brother who looks over your shoulder) if you like the game or not that you can also just say like the first realease of SH5 or as good as SH3. you are not really divulging "information" per say but stating a generalized opinion. as long as you dont go into detail say the the map suckes look at this ... and post a screenshot or even describe the game-play like you have to do XXXXX and then YYYYY and then ZZZZZ happens.
I have beta tested before and all those time the non disclosure agreement is pretty much the same.

Cpt-Maxim
01-21-13, 02:27 PM
The spirit of the law or the letter of the law.

Most non-disclosure agreements are water tight from the moment they describe your limitations as to whether or not you can even divulge if you are a tester.

So letting someone look over your shoulder breaks the letter of the law and the spirit of the law (which covers everything the written NDA did not explicitly reserve as a right of the software company).

Every opinion can be like a spark that starts a flame and then a conflagration. Once it is out of control the financial losses mount up. If a rumor spreads like wildfire before the company is ready to present the marketing of a game, the damage done is incalculable..

The time needed to recoup losses and change peoples minds is long. Ever try to tell someone something they did not want to believe?

The problem with so many people is that they are for sure that they know what they know, those things which just aint so.

desertstriker
01-21-13, 10:20 PM
i don't let people look over my shoulder it just happens living with a nosy 15 year old younger brother is just one of those things when i am hunting on SH3 i loose perspective of everything around me, I imagine SHO would be the same way. any ways i would have to read the NDA to see what one could get away with and they arent as bullet proof as you think they look bullet proof. as to changing peoples minds well lets just face it looking at most of the subsim.com postings about SHO it appears we overwhelmingly think it will be CR@9 due to SH5 and a much lesser extent SH4

Sailor Steve
01-21-13, 11:59 PM
per say
Just so you know? There's no such word, or phrase. :sunny:

Onkel Neal
01-22-13, 12:09 AM
Reported. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u9_kahA_wQo#!)

desertstriker
01-22-13, 12:44 AM
Jeez its a commonly accepted phrase (if I remember right coming from Latin but i could be wrong). Of course now you two got me looking and it is "per se" which means "in itself" sources below.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/per+se http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per%20se

here is a new emblem for our grammar Nazi captains
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKSdMp-jIAXYjXYyHySw88fEU3bUvaNJq8lVOeUuMIjnEvJU2Ktw

Madox58
01-22-13, 02:14 PM
It's my birthday and a beta thingy would be a GREAT present.
:D

(Hey, it's worth a shot!)
:rotfl2:

Sailor Steve
01-22-13, 03:36 PM
Jeez its a commonly accepted phrase (if I remember right coming from Latin but i could be wrong). Of course now you two got me looking and it is "per se" which means "in itself" sources below.
Exactly. If you're going to try to use a fancy phrase you should at least get it right. 'Per say', no. 'Per se', yes.

here is a new emblem for our grammar Nazi captains
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKSdMp-jIAXYjXYyHySw88fEU3bUvaNJq8lVOeUuMIjnEvJU2Ktw
Thank you. I'll wear it proudly. :sunny:

Red October1984
01-22-13, 06:03 PM
Exactly. If you're going to try to use a fancy phrase you should at least get it right. 'Per say', no. 'Per se', yes.

JAWHOL HERR STEVE :salute:

Sailor Steve
01-22-13, 06:13 PM
Silly boy. I give no orders. Jest advice.

ReallyDedPoet
01-22-13, 07:15 PM
Reported. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u9_kahA_wQo#!)

Ha, ha....

Cpt-Maxim
01-22-13, 07:24 PM
"Per se" is also probably wrong, because why capitalize it when it is never used at the start of a sentence?

Doh!
Doh!
Doh!
Doh!

Headsmack!

For the other gentleman, the excuse about commonly accepted will always get you appreciation from the lemmings, the sheep, and the birds with their head in the sand. Not necessarily where the money is.

Madox58
01-22-13, 07:32 PM
I have a head ache now and this is not a GT thread nor involves math!!
:nope:

kiwi_2005
01-23-13, 12:46 AM

I presume you were replying to my post, all i have to say about that is best come back ever :arrgh!: Speechless.:/\\!!

malcombex
02-12-13, 07:17 AM
Silent Hunter

Dowly
02-12-13, 08:02 AM
Silent Hunter

Happy downloading! :88)

Sailor Steve
02-12-13, 09:58 AM
Happy downloading! :88)
:rotfl2: :rock:

Herr-Berbunch