PDA

View Full Version : Playing Again

Captain_Rockwell_Torry
12-30-12, 01:28 PM
Just started playing this again, after a long hiatus. Found I was really enjoying it again. Guess I need to start making new scenarios again.

Captain Rockwell Torry:cool:

Randomizer
12-31-12, 11:41 AM
Read your post yesterday and it inspired me to fire up Jutland for the first time in months.

Resurrected an ongoing 1915 campaign; sent some minelayers off the West Frisian Islands covered by the 3rd Light Cruiser Squadron and a destroyer flotilla. While withdrawing after a successful mission, a German force showed up and my ships were magically teleported under the guns of the Fortress of Helgoland, some 100+ km from where they had been.

A vivid reminder why Steam and Iron is now my naval combat game of choice.

Captain_Rockwell_Torry
01-02-13, 12:40 PM
Read your post yesterday and it inspired me to fire up Jutland for the first time in months.

Resurrected an ongoing 1915 campaign; sent some minelayers off the West Frisian Islands covered by the 3rd Light Cruiser Squadron and a destroyer flotilla. While withdrawing after a successful mission, a German force showed up and my ships were magically teleported under the guns of the Fortress of Helgoland, some 100+ km from where they had been.

A vivid reminder why Steam and Iron is now my naval combat game of choice.

I understand your frustration. I only play scenarios now. The Campaign seems pretty much broken, so I don't even bother with it. But I have really been enjoying the scenarios and am building some new ones.

Regards:
Captain Rockwell Torry:cool:

Kaleun Klink
03-20-13, 02:37 PM
I've been playing Jutland scenarios off and on for several years, and I've been pretty happy (with the game, not my naval tactical skills). Last week I started my first campaign -- just so I know what to expect, what's broken in campaign play? (Apart from magical teleportation.)

So far I haven't noticed any obvious bugs -- although I have noted some pretty big limitations, like the inability to set sailing times or speeds, or otherwise coordinate actions between task forces, and the lack of any task force status/info screen (which would fit nicely in that big ol' unused right half of the screen, next to the map).

Captain_Rockwell_Torry
03-29-13, 11:15 AM
I've been playing Jutland scenarios off and on for several years, and I've been pretty happy (with the game, not my naval tactical skills). Last week I started my first campaign -- just so I know what to expect, what's broken in campaign play? (Apart from magical teleportation.)

So far I haven't noticed any obvious bugs -- although I have noted some pretty big limitations, like the inability to set sailing times or speeds, or otherwise coordinate actions between task forces, and the lack of any task force status/info screen (which would fit nicely in that big ol' unused right half of the screen, next to the map).

Yeah, I still like to play it. I did purchase Steam and Iron, and its good as well, you can design what if ships and it also has a scenario editor, but the graphics aren't much. I mostly play single scenarios with Jutland and not the campaign anymore. Apart from the teleportation, I haven't really had much problem with the Campaign, it seems to work ok for me. By the way, War Plan Pacific is a fun game, really like it!

Regards:
Captain Rockwell Torry