PDA

View Full Version : Request from the Analysis Team:

Frying Tiger
04-14-11, 08:33 AM
Everyone:

From the team working on the tactical analysis:

ACTUV Game Play Request

One of the key precepts for the ACTUV simulator is to collect game play data to allow analysis of both platform performance and player tactics. To date Sonalysts has received between 20 and 100 times more data for ACTUV Gator than for any of the other platform Mods. As a result, the game analysts would greatly appreciate additional game play (both new and current players) particularly for Mods Triton, Remora, & Shark.

So stop playing "easy mode" and show us what you can do with a more limited platform! (grin)

Thank you.

Molon Labe
04-14-11, 02:27 PM
What about the Seahorse?

elephantium
04-14-11, 08:30 PM
I just played the Night Ops mission as the Remora. Spent nearly an hour chasing fish around in circles :(

Hopefully the "failure case" data is as useful as the top-of-the-leaderboard stuff!

Frying Tiger
04-19-11, 10:14 AM
What about the Seahorse?

Our analysts would like more Seahorse data as well at this time.

Frying Tiger
04-19-11, 10:15 AM
I just played the Night Ops mission as the Remora. Spent nearly an hour chasing fish around in circles :(

Hopefully the "failure case" data is as useful as the top-of-the-leaderboard stuff!

The word is "yes, it's VERY important. Please send failure logs as well."

TerminatorSub
04-21-11, 06:04 PM

The Manual says that sometimes your AutoCrew will misclassify a signal. The SSK may appear to be a fish. The in contact light is key, as well as when it comes on in relation to the ping returned from various objects. HF helps to discriminate if you get a lock.

elephantium
04-21-11, 09:11 PM
It's really frickin' obvious on the HF when you have a lock on a fish - the outline is different than on a sub!

StevenLohr
04-27-11, 05:51 AM
Frying Tiger-Can the analysis team give the subsim crowd some feedback on the data collection? Additionally, is there any test parameters you would like, ie, emphasize testing a certain platform, try to keep 1500 meters away from merchant traffic, etc?

Frying Tiger
04-27-11, 09:21 AM
Frying Tiger-Can the analysis team give the subsim crowd some feedback on the data collection? Additionally, is there any test parameters you would like, ie, emphasize testing a certain platform, try to keep 1500 meters away from merchant traffic, etc?

I'll check with them and see if there's anything else they could use.

TerminatorSub
04-28-11, 09:12 PM
I'll check with them and see if there's anything else they could use.

I am thinking of starting a thread with suggested features and new scenarios for the next version. Please see what the analysts say.

retlaw
04-30-11, 01:44 PM
I can guess where all this will lead.
First Autonomous Sea Drones to track hostile (Iranian?)Diesel electric subs(Predators??) like
mobile dicass sonobouys.
Then Armed Sea Drones (mobile seeking captor mines??) with MK 50 torpedos to sink them.

mth3r
05-03-11, 01:29 PM
Is there anyway we can review our own logs of what we did? Better yet, could we see an "unobstructed view" of where all the various entities are in the sim?

TLAM Strike
05-03-11, 01:33 PM
Is there anyway we can review our own logs of what we did? Better yet, could we see an "unobstructed view" of where all the various entities are in the sim?
At the end of the mission you can watch the replay. The option for it is on the left hand side of the debrief screen.

mth3r
05-04-11, 07:27 AM
I've seen that, but there is not way to review "historical" versions, if I wanted to compare how I did on different runs of the same mission. I think it would also be cool to overlay multiple runs of the same mission on the same screen. Since the data is being captured and sent back already, I'm hoping that the file could be packaged in such a way as to allow us to look at it too.

StevenLohr
10-16-11, 06:16 AM
Any word from the analysis team on whether they need more data, or whether the data provided has been useful? If they could somehow communicate with the players as to the utility of what has been accomplished and what additional data they need, it may help their collection efforts.

Molon Labe
10-19-11, 09:23 PM
Hooray! I'm a 10 year old girl from Saskatchewan!

(thanks to whichever mod posted the article (http://www.fastcompany.com/1788339/the-anti-sub-game) on the front page)

TLAM Strike
10-19-11, 11:04 PM
I'm a 10 year old girl from Saskatchewan!

This answers many of my questions... :yep:

Molon Labe
10-20-11, 07:27 AM
That's it, I'm unlocking my basement. Sleep lightly.

Bill Nichols
10-20-11, 04:22 PM
Hooray! I'm a 10 year old girl from Saskatchewan!

(thanks to whichever mod posted the article (http://www.fastcompany.com/1788339/the-anti-sub-game) on the front page)

That would be me, your trusty newshound.

Molon Labe
10-20-11, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Bill. I never would have known.