PDA

View Full Version : Question: Campaign Order of Battle

crackaces
02-01-11, 08:24 PM
Is there a posting somewhere that lists the order of battle for the campaign game? Like X ships at Y port ...

Bullethead
02-02-11, 10:29 PM
You might want to peruse the Jutland wiki:
http://jutland.wikia.com/wiki/Distant_Guns:_Jutland
This has been put together by players, not SES, so I can't say it's 100% accurate, except for where it quotes me :).

In general, all the RN dreadnoughts and most ACs and AMCs are at Scapa. All RN BCs and most CLs are at Rosyth. The modern RN DDs are split between Scapa, Rosyth, and Harwich. The RN monitors are at Dover. There are scads of RN subs and obsolete DDs and TBs scattered along the east and south coasts of the UK.

For the Germans, pretty much all surface ships are at Wilhelmshaven, although there are some in Flanders, with detachments of fleet DDs there at various times. Most U-boats are at Helgoland, at least to start with, although there are some (mostly smaller types) in Flanders. The Zeppelins flank Wilhelmshaven on both sides.

The French have their main concentrations at Cherbourg and Dunkerque, but have smaller units at other ports. Except for a few DDs, all French surface ships are small, old, and weak.

crackaces
02-03-11, 10:22 AM
Thanks for your quick repsonse! :salute:

I did check but I only noted the reinforcement schedule not an order of battle specifically. There are great pages discussing the ships involved.

My thoughts were around engaging and destroying a RN destroyer squadron of 26 ships including 4 CL's -- losing 19 DD's and 1 CL. [Bombardment mission and suddenly at night and raining -- here are this red triangles at about 3000 meters ....:o ..]

I am thinking that is a horrible exchange. My current undrstanding is that almost a 3:1 kill ratio is needed to make that strategy work or each engagment although won becomes a pyrrhic victory toward domination of the RN. :hmmm: Thus a computation of the Order of Battle would determine a satisfying kill ratio .. much like Falkenhayn is thinking about Verdun ...:DL